Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get unbanned

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Fight The Powah! Episode 415532, Return of the *who care*

Drinks and popcorn on me everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Whats the point in having mods and admins if they don't help

If you're not willing to construct your posts in an understandable way then how am I supposed to help?

Actually I wouldn't be able to help, I didn't ban you.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes but there whats the point of having a charter and not including some rules, anyway i don't care anymore...sorry about the hassle...HOW LONG AM I BANNED FOR?

Because people like you will always try find a way around the rules. I thought it would be obvious that being an obnoxious asshole was an obvious no no. Anyway, I'll monitor your future posts and unban you when I'm sure you've got over this little fight the power thing.

• Advertisement

No, are you ****ing stupid?

Oh no, Merc has it in for me. Oh well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Enjoy it while it lasts, all the thrills and frills.
    Slaps mercs bum.

With that signature appearing in every post I see by him, I can't help but think each post is a personal insult to me. I mean, I just had to ban him from Afterhours for sass. PM would have been sent, but I see they took that away. Ban time is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Giblet wrote:
    Because people like you will always try find a way around the rules. I thought it would be obvious that being an obnoxious asshole was an obvious no no. Anyway, I'll monitor your future posts and unban you when I'm sure you've got over this little fight the power thing.

So i was banned even though i didn't break any rules and im not given a time frame on how long i am banned for because you don't agree with what i say

Thats brilliant

Whens the moderater of the year award this year? I'm defo gonna vote for you

I'm guessing you were banned becuase you were giving away details on upcoming episodes of the hit TV series "Lost", this act of giving away details may be described as giving a "Spoiler" (No, not the type on the car) As a result of said spoiler use-age, people started coding in white writing on a white background.... then came the advent of the Spoiler "Tag". This "Tag" is used to automate the action of covering up a spoiler. Look below for an example... The spoiler tag is as follows
    Insert Spoiler Here [./spoiler], obviously without the . in the second tag. This results in the following happening.
    Insert Spoiler Here

The reader then has the choice to highlight the section to read the Spoiler.

=========================================================

Using the excuse that people download the episodes in advance is hardly a defence, infact you are condeming the users of this board, suggesting that we/they partake in illegal activity. I believe the ban is correct.

John

Wait, what do you mean agree with what you say? Are you making stuff up?

Did I not agree with you when you spoiled lost? Did I say "No that's not what happened, you're banned?" Jesus. You'll say anything just to have a word in and in your case, you'll have it even if it makes no ****ing sense. You were banned for being a prick and spoiling lost. You were being malicious on purpose trying to be smart. You can argue all you want about me not having "Don't spoil season 2 of Lost" in the charter but that's not the point. I banned you to stop you posting more of your crap. It's so ****ing obvious I can't think of a reason why you don't see it. Now shut up or I'll make it permanent as you don't seem to want to adjust your attitude and it'd would be easier that way. The reason the I set the ban with the restriction I did is to reduce the possibility of you offending again. You seem to be going off on these little fits now and again and I'm getting sick of reading it. It's nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing but that doesn't come into the equation. YOU ARE misinformed about the workings of our little site here. FACT.

Lump wrote:
    I'm guessing you were banned becuase you were giving away details on upcoming episodes of the hit TV series "Lost", this act of giving away details may be described as giving a "Spoiler" (No, not the type on the car) As a result of said spoiler use-age, people started coding in white writing on a white background.... then came the advent of the Spoiler "Tag". This "Tag" is used to automate the action of covering up a spoiler. Look below for an example... The spoiler tag is as follows
    Insert Spoiler Here [./spoiler], obviously without the . in the second tag. This results in the following happening.
    Insert Spoiler Here

The reader then has the choice to highlight the section to read the Spoiler.

=========================================================

Using the excuse that people download the episodes in advance is hardly a defence, infact you are condeming the users of this board, suggesting that we/they partake in illegal activity. I believe the ban is correct.

John

OK i posted a spoiler but is there any rules against that in AH?

also
    infact you are condeming the users of this board, suggesting that we/they partake in illegal activity

If you look in the lost forum its obvious most users are illegally downloading lost eps

Giblet wrote:
    Wait, what do you mean agree with what you say? Are you making stuff up?

Did I not agree with you when you spoiled lost? Did I say "No that's not what happened, you're banned?" Jesus. You'll say anything just to have a word in and in your case, you'll have it even if it makes no ****ing sense. You were banned for being a prick and spoiling lost. You were being malicious on purpose trying to be smart. You can argue all you want about me not having "Don't spoil season 2 of Lost" in the charter but that's not the point. I banned you to stop you posting more of your crap. It's so ****ing obvious I can't think of a reason why you don't see it. Now shut up or I'll make it permanent as you don't seem to want to adjust your attitude and it'd would be easier that way.

OK i spoiled lost now why am i not given a certainlenght of time for a ban, i have never been banned from AH before so its not a recurring thing

eek5boink.gif

OK i posted a spoiler but is there any rules against that in AH?

Shut up, you're clueless, just leave. This place offers you nothing. Trying reading the end of the charter about reading all the charters to get a general feel for the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

If you look in the lost forum its obvious most users are illegally downloading lost eps

Yeah cause.....er.......no....what.....inference.....subtly....oh....er.....implication......em....
    wait.....legal implication.....implied.......wait.....well

Well to explain it I need you to understand that....

Oh no wait you're an idiot.

double post

Freelancer wrote:
    Yeah cause.....er.......no....what.....inference.....subtly....oh....er.....implication......em....
    wait.....legal implication.....implied.......wait.....well

Well to explain it I need you to understand that....

Oh no wait you're an idiot.

:rolleyes: who da fu(k are you

• Advertisement

Giblet wrote:
    Shut up, you're clueless, just leave. This place offers you nothing. Trying reading the end of the charter about reading all the charters to get a general feel for the place.

OK i accept my ban how about 2 weeks, does that sound alright?

I'll let you calm down. Then I'll decide.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Welcome to After Hours. This forum is akin to the "General" forum you will find on most Internet forums. You will find threads covering many issues here and it is the most popular forum on Boards.ie. There are lots of other forums covering a vast array of topics, this forum is more general and doesn't deal in any specifics. This forum is basically for threads that are "off-topic" in other forums. Some cross pollination may occur, but most of the time After Hours is used to discuss more "light-hearted" issues and topics such as celebrities, interesting websites, non-serious events, general questions and advice on trivial issues, light-hearted or interesting news.
    What is the problem here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

:rolleyes: who da fu(k are you

Someone posting on public forum laughing at you.

My the arrogance.....

It's not surprising but er....yeah.....

Oh you're an idiot.

It doesn't spell out - Don't be a bell-end.

I put that in my charter (Or something to that effect).... leaves little room for argument.

John

What is the problem here?

nothing hsugh.gif

Freelancer wrote:

My the arrogance.....

Oh you're an idiot.

Gifsgayflag10_1.gif

Its nothing got to do with you so talk to you later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I think posting spoilers comes under the general tag of muppetry.

Man Giblet, you get the aanger sometimes :D

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I think posting spoilers comes under the general tag of muppetry.

Man Giblet, you get the aanger sometimes :D

Would the following quote not be muppetry as well, coming into a thread that has nothing to do with you and calling some an idiot:confused:
    Freelancer wrote:

My the arrogance.....

Oh you're an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Is there any rules for AH about posting anything about spoilers, maybe if a mod moved the thread to the lost forum i wouldn't have be tempted, how long a ban is it
    There may be no explicit rules but COMMON SENSE is kind of implied...

Most of us assume you're not all morons when making charters and rules for forums and are subsequently shocked and amazed at the depths of some peoples stupidity... The Lost forum has rules on spoilers and a lot of people don't download the episodes, they watch them on RTE and Channel 4... Do you think posting spoilers for the second series is fair to them?

Try and think before you post... is that too much to ask?
    Most people on boards download eps every week so i doubt very much i spoiled it for anyone
    I'm very tempted to ban you from Lost pre-emptively since you don't seem to understand how it works...

Advertisement