Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get unbanned

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

steveland? wrote:
    There may be no explicit rules but COMMON SENSE is kind of implied...

Most of us assume you're not all morons when making charters and rules for forums and are subsequently shocked and amazed at the depths of some peoples stupidity... The Lost forum has rules on spoilers and a lot of people don't download the episodes, they watch them on RTE and Channel 4... Do you think posting spoilers for the second series is fair to them?

Try and think before you post... is that too much to ask?

I'm very tempted to ban you from Lost pre-emptively since you don't seem to understand how it works...

Explain how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Would the following quote not be muppetry as well, coming into a thread that has nothing to do with you and calling some an idiot:confused:
    It depends.. Is it justified? Libel only works if it's not true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Explain how it works
    You said that you don't see the problem in posting spoilers because most people download it...

The Lost forum has to have spoilers specifically posted in the topic and have the region it's being viewed from if you're posting any spoilers...

Saying "well most people download it so I thought it was ok..." is just stupid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Holy jesus the smods on this site are unreal. You'd think they might have some sort of sense but nooo they're all crazy motherfúckers banning hos left right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Explain how it works

pray.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

Would the following quote not be muppetry as well, coming into a thread that has nothing to do with you and calling some an idiot:confused:

Well I'd call it an accurate summarisation of your behaviour.........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The General,

I think part of the reason people didn't take your thread/complaint seriously, is because you post a complaint or moan every day. Reserve your complaints for when you mean it, otherwise you're just the boy who cried wolf, moaning at anything and everything, all the time. Eventually people filter out your moaning because they just don't care anymore, it's background noise. At least, that's my impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

And sweet Jesus, show some common sense..."I didn't know posting spoliers was a bad thing.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

If you look in the lost forum its obvious most users are illegally downloading lost eps
    And that has what to do with discussion of the episodes...

It's made quite clear that asking for downloads or providing links/sites is a permenantly bannable offence...

I've banned more than one person for it and I'd imagine it won't be long before some other tool pops in to ask for episode downloads...
    Gifsgayflag10_1.gif
    Good point... well made... very articulate you are...

When all else fails... "you're gay" suffices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

Gifsgayflag10_1.gif

Wow all this and you're reduced to homophobic insults.

What are we? Twelve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OK. The General - this is not solely for your benefit. AH is not the "I'm going to post here because to post it in the correct forum would break that charter" forum, or the "I'm too lazy to bother posting this topic in a forum that's remotely suited to it" forum. If you mispost a thread which would break the charter in its correct forum, it can't be moved to the correct forum, and it can't stay in AH.

Giblet weighed up the situation and banned you. You're not a newbie, and regardless of whether you knew the Lost forum existed, you knew before posting that AH wasn't the correct place for it. The AH charter is vague because people like you exist; You thrive on trying to find holes in the rules. Hence, there are few solid rules except, "Use your head".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

seamus wrote:
    OK. The General - this is not solely for your benefit. AH is not the "I'm going to post here because to post it in the correct forum would break that charter" forum, or the "I'm too lazy to bother posting this topic in a forum that's remotely suited to it" forum. If you mispost a thread which would break the charter in its correct forum, it can't be moved to the correct forum, and it can't stay in AH.

Giblet weighed up the situation and banned you. You're not a newbie, and regardless of whether you knew the Lost forum existed, you knew before posting that AH wasn't the correct place for it. The AH charter is vague because people like you exist; You thrive on trying to find holes in the rules. Hence, there are few solid rules except, "Use your head".

following on from this, if and when giblet lets you back into the AH forum, and i hope he doesnt, im going to look at every post you make and ensure that you are banned for even the slightest vaguest reason.

not becuase im your usual power hungry mod, nor is it becuase i think youre a bit of an idiot, but mostly becuase you cause so much hassle to other other users.

your posts are not constructive, you havent added anything useful to any thread ive read where you have posted, and you do nothing but p1ss and moan.

you add nothing to this community except give me a reason to post random insults on the feedback forum. which, while i admit is half the fun of feedback, it gets a bit boring when the same person does it day after day.

i dont care if you did or did not break a 'specific rule' under the charter. im not too worried about the charter actually. i think they are guidelines to go along with the common sense, and im happy to let people get away with breaking rules if there is a reason for it, or if the rule needs to be changed, or if its just funny.
    i wont tolerate people breaking the rules and then trying to use some sort of 'technicality' as a defence against just acting like a twat.

although, last time i checked, twats are useful, and you are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

in fact, im going to edit the charter to reflect that.
    id also ask that the admins stick in something about common sense along with the charter as part of the sign up agreement.

i think that should cover it nicely.

now, where is my power abuse stick til i go and beat some random innocents with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Giblet wrote:
    I'll let you calm down.
    lol

:rolleyes:

following on from this, if and when giblet lets you back into the AH forum, and i hope he doesnt, im going to look at every post you make and ensure that you are banned for even the slightest vaguest reason.

not becuase im your usual power hungry mod, nor is it becuase i think youre a bit of an idiot, but mostly becuase you cause so much hassle to other other users.

your posts are not constructive, you havent added anything useful to any thread ive read where you have posted, and you do nothing but p1ss and moan.

you add nothing to this community except give me a reason to post random insults on the feedback forum. which, while i admit is half the fun of feedback, it gets a bit boring when the same person does it day after day.

i dont care if you did or did not break a 'specific rule' under the charter. im not too worried about the charter actually. i think they are guidelines to go along with the common sense, and im happy to let people get away with breaking rules if there is a reason for it, or if the rule needs to be changed, or if its just funny.
    i wont tolerate people breaking the rules and then trying to use some sort of 'technicality' as a defence against just acting like a twat.

although, last time i checked, twats are useful, and you are not.

:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This post has been deleted.
    Yeah I should have written all that up, Bru will kill me.

It's for a year by the way.

If everyone is finished can someone close this thread thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If everyone is finished can someone close this thread thanks
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Go back to India you black bastard!

The General banned from broadband for racist slurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

The General is a hero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

Moriarty wrote:

/me awaits his next can i be unbanned thread now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I moderate Broadband too. :eek:

Gordon wrote:
    Why?

Wel im finished with the disscussion, if you guys wanna carry on, go ahead :)

Moriarty wrote:

I didn't say that :eek: screen capture the thread where i said it

Can i get unbanned from broadband please?

The only thing i have posted in there for the past couple of months is asking a question the other day about speed increases

Can i get unbanned from broadband please?

The only thing i have posted in there for the past couple of months is asking a question the other day about speed increases

Moriarty wrote:

:rolleyes: you come in here make up some bullshit ban me then leave, can you explain yoursefl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You have a very strange definition of finished...

You have a very strange definition of finished...

It was finished until this came along
    Originally Posted by Moriarty

I never said that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I never said that
    You just said it there.

Advertisement