Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you buy FF XII ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the battle system really isn't anything like Final Fantasy Tactics at all. The closest comparison is too Knights of the Old Republic or FFXI except it is no where near as well implemented as in KOTOR and has some serious issues with menues, inputting commands and the fact that there is no tactics involved what so ever. It's a real time fighting system which is almost the complete opposite of FFTA's grid based, turn based strategy system. Just got Games TM yesterday and they seem to have the same issues with the demo as well.

As for FF tactics advance, I just found it really dull compared to the other excellent GBA strategy games such as advance wars and fire emblem. In fact it is the worst game of it's type i've played on any system. If you had played FF tactics on the PS1 and enjoyed the stiff challenge and captivating storyline it was soul destroying playing FFTA with it's uninteresting random placement of enemies, unnecessarily confusing menues and total lack of storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Iofur

Ok...steps away from guy whose very soul was near-destroyed by FFTA! BUt I so agree that Fire Emblem is oh about a million gagillion times better than FFTA (which I finished last night only to find my first arguement utterly destroyed....stupid game)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'll buy it.

Then i shall own 6-12 :D

Hopefully we can all forgot about X-2 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chaude

I'll buy it.

Then i shall own 6-12 :D

Hopefully we can all forgot about X-2 :p

What didn't you like about X-2 specifically?
    I'll buy it too, if it comes out in the next 1.000 years... :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't speak for them but probably along the lines of it having a throwaway storyline, dreadful battle system, boring mission structure, changing characters into annoying bimbos and some of the worst j-pop music to ever assualt my ears (with one or two standout tracks).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Iofur

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Can't speak for them but probably along the lines of it having a throwaway storyline, dreadful battle system, boring mission structure, changing characters into annoying bimbos and some of the worst j-pop music to ever assualt my ears (with one or two standout tracks).

hey, I liked the dress spheres!

And the music was good too!

Storyline was a tad drawn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

Where can you get the demo and is dragon quest out on pal ps2 ?

The demo people are playing either came from the NTSC version of Dragon Quest VIII or was 'sent over by the cousins' in America. Dragon Quest VIII is out in Europe sometime in February and it's bloody excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Some stuff:

Ingame footage, which looks odd.

and some more FMV featuring standard sappy pop-tastic theme :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Game will be released in Japan on the 16th of March according to this.

Throwing eight months or so on top of that for a US and then eventually a European release, I might get it in my Chrimbo stocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Hmm, perhaps not...

August 1 isn't that bad.

Advertisement