Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC United - Whatever happened to them?

• 04-12-2005 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭

Most recent FC United of Manchester news stories:
    Ryan Gilligan signs for Flixton - 02-12-2005 at 10:44
    Holker Coach Details - 01-12-2005 at 15:12
    Christmas Party Tickets - 01-12-2005 at 15:11
    Chadderton Match - 30-11-2005 at 15:06
    Holker Old Boys (Barrow Away) - POSTAL APPLICATIONS - 30-11-2005 at 13:33

Sad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Dr. Nick wrote:
    Sad.
    yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

They don't mention Ole on the website.....I'm guessin' he didn't sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

They did offer a contract to Roy Keane too. His manager said that he politely declined their offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

They did offer a contract to Roy Keane too. His manager said that he politely declined their offer.
    "Polite". I hope he told them to go **** themselves :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Whats the story with the team? are they any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

mchurl wrote:
    Whats the story with the team? are they any good?

top of their division

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/table/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hopefully one day we will see both AFC wimbledon and FC United in the Football League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

team bottom of their league have -3points :D first time i ever seen that

How far away from the conference is that league? a fair oul distance i'd say:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Hopefully one day we will see both AFC wimbledon and FC United in the Football League.

Why ?
    I don't think they will ever make it, as they rise in divisions the harder it gets, the Conference and below are full of teams that have been stuck there for eons.
    What financial support will AFC Wimbledon get that Wimbledon could not get ?.
    What will councils do for AFC that they did not do for the original Dons ?.

I would love to see the MK Dons do well, they had to leave Wimbelon or go bust, they are building a new stadium in MK and I hope they fill the place and move up the divisions

• Advertisement

Why ?
    I don't think they will ever make it, as they rise in divisions the harder it gets, the Conference and below are full of teams that have been stuck there for eons.
    What financial support will AFC Wimbledon get that Wimbledon could not get ?.
    What will councils do for AFC that they did not do for the original Dons ?.

I would love to see the MK Dons do well, they had to leave Wimbelon or go bust, they are building a new stadium in MK and I hope they fill the place and move up the divisions

But havent a lot of the original wimbledon fans gone off to support afc wimbledon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

mchurl wrote:
    But havent a lot of the original wimbledon fans gone off to support afc wimbledon?
    What few of them there are, yes. Wimbledon set a record back in about 1992 for the lowest crowd at a top flight game, nothing more than 700 I think. And that was in Selhurst, not a million miles from their 'spiritual home'.

The thing is the club formerly called Wimbledon, now called MK Dons, were always a small club, they have only been in the football league for less than 30 years. They could not sustain renting Selhust with small gates so were faced with the question 'Move to a brand new town or go bust'.

As the Mk Dons they have a brand new fan base (and you cannot criticize the locals for following their local team), they will have more fans with the new stadium and they will at least stabilize the situation.

Advertisement