Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open GL?

Options
  • 04-12-2005 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

I tried to install Star Wars: KOTOR 2 today and got a "not minimum requirements" message for my graphics chip. Required is 1.4, I have 1.3. What is Open GL, can you upgrade it through patches without shelling out for a new chip and so on.
    Any help offered is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

It's your drivers that determine your OpenGL support from the game's point of view, subject to your actual hardware supporting it of course. But the OpenGL 1.4 specs were released in 2002, so any moderately recent card will support that. Short answer: update your drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Phat Chance

I know I could Google it but where is the best site for (free) driver downloads?
    download.com? Or a more specific URL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I know I could Google it but where is the best site for (free) driver downloads?
    download.com? Or a more specific URL?
    Your chips manufacturer.

Intel then. Stupid "Integrated Extreme Graphics".

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Curses! Downloaded the latest driver, for the correct chipset and it did bugger all for the OpenGL version.

It did allow me to actually view the production logo movies and the opening movie however, which leaves me more confused than before. It still crashes before I get to gameplay, i.e. from New Game, it goes to opening movie, plays it fine then,once the movie stops, she crashes.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT- Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver and all that's done is made the icon disappear from the Control Panel. And there's an icon in the bottom left line-up which says "Cannot find requested string"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Integrated graphics are usually crap. The architecture probably prevents it from running. In short, you need a new mobo/graphics card

Advertisement