Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squeaky clutch pedal

Options
  • 04-12-2005 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Starting squeaking about a week ago, usually as I release it... really annoying hearing it at every stop/start/gear change.

How can I stop this? Is it just a case of throwing a bit of oil somewhere or other or could this be indicative of a problem somewhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is your car clutch cable operated? (as opposed to hydralic) if so then you might have first signs of some stickiness as the cable rubs inside the shealth.
    It could be the gommit where the cable runs through the bukhead, or it could be the actual clutch pedal assembly - the pivot point bush.

check this page Its for a BMW but the principle is the same I expect.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

You could try spraying some WD40, or similar, around the area taking care not to spray the pedal itself obviously, it should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Sounds like the cable is about to snap to me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Could be the bracket that mounts the clutch pedal and connects it to the cable going. Happens fairly sometimes with VWs and their cousins (Seat, Skoda, Audi etc). If this is the case oil won't fix it, the creaking is actually a small metal plate bending and shearing. Tell-tale is if the clutch pedal doesn't come up as high as it used to, and you can stick your foot under the pedal and bend it back up to it's normal position.

Advertisement