Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago defence: Greatest ever?

• 04-12-2005 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

I reckon yes...:D

Unbelievably good defence....not sure of the stats but they must be near setting an NFL record of restricting the opposition scoring.

Must be close to only 10 points a game:eek: :eek:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Havent Denver got the best rush defence this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Denver conceded 163 yds rush last night against KC. That'll drop them out of the top two.

And the Bears conceded 26 first downs and 358 yds to GB, so GB threw the game away, rather than the Bears winning it. The Pack had drives of 11, 12 and 17 plays and scored nowt!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Slow coach wrote:
    Denver conceded 163 yds rush last night against KC. That'll drop them out of the top two.

And the Bears conceded 26 first downs and 358 yds to GB, so favre threw the game away, rather than the Bears winning it. The Pack had drives of 11, 12 and 17 plays and scored nowt!!

Dont you mean favre threw the game away? 2 fumbles and an INT for a td all late in the 4th. And to think I was cheering him and Gado on all night :o .

Vikings win again, and on a side note if the seahawks win tonight ill nab €350 on a 10 team accumulator :D .

Back on topic, this years chicago defense has been nothing short of amazing, playing extremely well. But they still have lost games, and the best defences dont do that, ill stick with the dolphins perfect season defense on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Dont you mean favre threw the game away?

Last time I checked, there was no 'I' in team (contrary to what you Vikings' fans thought when Randy "Me" Moss was in town), so yes, the Pack threw the game away.

The Pack are 2-10. We all go down together...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Point taken, but your defense was strong last night and if it wasn't for favres turnovers im sure a win was on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

love to see how good they are against manning and the colts. that would be a true test for their defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

You mean the '85 Bears right? Cos you cannot be talkin about the current "D". Best defense ewver is either the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens. I'd have to say 2000 Ravens cos I'm a Ravens fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

evil_seed wrote:
    You mean the '85 Bears right? Cos you cannot be talkin about the current "D". Best defense ewver is either the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens. I'd have to say 2000 Ravens cos I'm a Ravens fan.

well actually i do reckon the 85 bears were the best ever....i was just trying to be a bit controversial.

But this years bear defence is letting in fewer points per game than the 85 vintage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

RuggieBear wrote:
    well actually i do reckon the 85 bears were the best ever....i was just trying to be a bit controversial.

But this years bear defence is letting in fewer points per game than the 85 vintage!

Same average points against as the '00 Ravens. (not exactly the same but you get my drift)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 User_13

I would say that they weren't as good as the '85 Bears defense, but they are way better than last year's. Surprisingly, our rookies are our new stud players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement