Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Months credit from Eircom through another provider?

Options
  • 04-12-2005 11:28pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the course of trying to move to Smart recently I had to email the CEO of Eircom to try and get the logjam moving (I just could not get the dsl signal off the line!) My line rental and bb had been with UTV.

I duly got a reply from Eircom customer services apologising for the 'systems fault' and was informed that as a gesture i would be given credit of a month's rental.

I duly got to Smart got a final bill of 11 euros from Eircom and thought it would be netted off against my credit (how foolish of me!!)

I then got a threatening letter from Eircom over the 11 euros. When I got on to the customer services guy in eircom he told me that my credit had been passed on to my new provider!!!! I queried Smart and they knew nothing of this and were not aware of any similar credits being passed on,

I asked Eircom what kind of information they held on me if they knew how my knew provider was? They then told me that the credit had been passed on to an 'intermediary' and they would not be processing any more correspondence from me. they gave a date for this of 19th September last.

Is anyone aware of any credit being passed on to a new provider though an intermediary? Seems extraordinary to me:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Contact comreg. It's unacceptable that customers should have to deal with the internal bureaucracies that exist between the telcos. That stuff should be seamless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I had a similar experience when I moved from Eircon to BT. I was missing money from Eircon and they told me it would be with my new provider. A few months later I got a cheque in the post from Eircon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It is extraordinary that they could allow a conciliatory gesture to become a source for further conflict!:rolleyes:

Advertisement