Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microphone on Zen Micro

Options
  • 04-12-2005 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭

hows it going, tried to record a concert through the microphone option on my zen micro there the other day, but it didnt work, the music was far too loud for it, although it recorded the conversations before the music perfectly :D

just wondering has anyone been successfull in recording a gig? if so how?

or anyone got any ideas for muffling it a bit?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

thats possibly the worst use of an MP 3 player i have heard of

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

weedhead wrote:
    thats possibly the worst use of an MP 3 player i have heard of

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

think what weedheads trying to say is that the microphone on the zen micro is a pretty poor one. I.e. it isnt really designed to record above a normal conversation at close distance.. and most definitely not a concert.

Capache?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

You could try lowering the mic volume (if thats possible?) but you're still never gonna get decent quality from a built in mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

hada wrote:
    think what weedheads trying to say is that the microphone on the zen micro is a pretty poor one. I.e. it isnt really designed to record above a normal conversation at close distance.. and most definitely not a concert.
    QUOTE]

the thing is though it picks up conversations very well, even in a noisy environment, i was surprised at that, it was just an idea anyway.

an idea i now know wont work ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

MiniDisc is great for this, a decent mic through the mic in port.

well it is a delicate mic, i dont think its designed for recording gigs, would eb a bit loud dont ya think? i know it gets messed up if you talk into it too close :| however i still <3 my zen to bits :)

Advertisement