Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path of Neo - Any Good?

Options
  • 04-12-2005 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

I was either going to get this on the Xbox (1) or Pc tommorow or the next day.

Ive decided to go for the Pc version fer the graphics.
    Is this game any good? I enjoyed the old matrix game up until the part in the Airport terminal with the agent in the helicopter, that was feckin hard.

I just thought id post here to see what ye think of it. To see if its one of these games that has gameplay to come back to when its all cleared, like F.E.A.R, Half Life 2, Fable, San Andreas and Vampire the Masquerade. I dont want to spend a couple of hours playing it and end up throwing it over in the corner, like i did with so many other supposedly worthwhile games, although i suppose it all comes down to opinion on my part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It seems to be getting an average of 7/10 on both Xbox and PC...though Xbox has more reviews and a higher score.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You enjoyed Enter The Matrix? :eek:

I was going to recommend against getting Path Of Neo, but if you liked Enter The Matrix, then I'd say go for it. A lot of it is similar, most things are improved. The combat system is pretty cool, some of the graphics are okay, um... I can't think of many other positive things.

Overall, it didn't seem very good to me. The combat system (Neo's super matrix moves) were pretty good, had some really nice moves (smashing guys into the ceiling, w00t!), but the gunfights weren't. Lots of bug-type problems, clipping, bad graphics, textures, really chuggy FPS (even on super high end systems). Very annoying scenes you can't skip over, where it randomly splices scenes from the movies into the game. Totally random. Mishmash of scenes. Why is it there? Who knows.
    Some of the missions are just plain bad. Didn't finish it so couldn't say if it gets any better near the end. The graphics weren't particularly good, but this might be on the PC version. Characters sometimes had a random shiney effect on their faces. Clothes sometimes seemed like pieces of cardboard. The camera liked getting stuck in random places too.

Might be better on the consoles than on PC, it might have less of those annoying problems and I imagine the controls can only be better (they were "sluggish" or just plain stupid on PC). Overall I wouldn't recommend it unless you liked Enter The Matrix or you're a big Matrix fan. It's pretty average; some things are good-ish, some things are really bad, overall too many small frustrating things that take away from the good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

The end-sequence is the best because it's almost like a bad dream:
    "We are the Champions" playing over the ending footage, trans-gender Wachowski brother represented as a pink sprite thingy? Couldnt make it up.

The ending in all its glory: http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15098

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That's... creepy. I think I'm glad I didn't play it till the end now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Well, i got it, and it was quite similar to enter the matrix except when i had to jump onto platforms for half an hour with the camera angle changing everytime i moved which in turn prevented me from getting anywhere.

Now im at the part where you have to operate the crane to get someone up a ledge and i just dont want to play anymore. Its stupid missions like this that i cant handle as the controls are total ****. Why cant Neo just fly the bastard up and leave it at that? ****er can dodge and stop bullets but he cant dodge falling boxes that end up killing you.

The graphics are dodgy as well, looks like the pixel shading is gone wrong. I upgraded to the 1st patch and that didnt seem to solve anything. Then it started to crash randomly.
    DONT BUY THIS GAME.
    Burn the ****in thing.

Ill admit, the combat system is gold. Aside from that, the total gameplay and movie scenes are total bollocks.

End of rant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement