Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Join my mates forum? Please. *holds out cookies*

Options
  • 05-12-2005 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Here's the link: http://hmmm.i.dont.know.about.this

I'm ~*~Emma~*~. It would mean alot if we had some more members. We have eleven so far and most of them are active. Oh! And we have a competition who ever has the most posts on Christmas day, gets twenty euro credit :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Is this CTYI related?

Link edited for the moment, for anyone who's wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...You're giving 20 euro credit to your forums biggest spammer? What an inspired idea, who came up with it? Because they should be nominated for the Nobel Prize. Really, I mean that, they're a ****ing genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Angry. Angry young man *Shakes head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

I've clicked the link but it comes up page can not be displayed, wont even open if i paste it in IE.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It won't open for me either

• Advertisement

There must be to many users logged in. I dont think its the best advsertisment if it wont open:p

Er, did ye not see where it said 'ive edited this'? Did the name not give you a clue?

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Er, did ye not see where it said 'ive edited this'? Did the name not give you a clue?
    My logical mind is so BLOODY confused:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Raphael wrote:
    ...You're giving 20 euro credit to your forums biggest spammer?
    Hey, we have to be rewarded somehow :P

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Angry. Angry young man *Shakes head*
    Angry? WTF? That wasn't angry, that was sarcastic. Entirely different words, don't even have the same number of syllables in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

Raphael wrote:
    ...You're giving 20 euro credit to your forums biggest spammer? What an inspired idea, who came up with it? Because they should be nominated for the Nobel Prize. Really, I mean that, they're a ****ing genius.

...you didn't even make any points here... you just... you just mocked the idea, for no clear reason. Fair enough like, you don't approve of the idea, but, who asked you? It was unecessarily harsh too, whether you were joking or not. Seriously, this is why some people are afraid to post here, people biting their heads off for nearly no reason. ****'s sake, stop it, dude.

Um... I did. I could make it clearer if you like?

Postcount isn't an indication of involvement with a community. It's just a measure of quantity, quality factors into it not a whit. It's pretty stupid to do that, you'll probably be rewarding the person that has enough free time to post 1 word responses to every thread and then leaves after 3 weeks.

See, that's what I'd regard as pretty common knowledge about webforums. Would you disagree? Or are you complaining that I'm assuming people are too smart?

All you addressed there was me pointing out that you didn't show why you disliked the idea so strongly. I assumed that was why, and nobody really disagrees. Rocketing post counts with spam means nothing.

I said other things, though, primarily:

Who asked you? you know that if the starter of this thread knew you were going to say that, they'd not want to hear it. It doesn't even address what they were talking about. They were looking for people to join her site, sure, you might have something against doing that, I doubt you don't, but you grabbed some random detail, and flamed him/her to death because of it.

Which leads to the other thing. Why the hell are you so harsh about such minor things? I actually know people who don't post here, partly because of you. And don't say "great, I'm keeping the idiots away then", because some of those people are people you actually know.

If you disagree, go ahead, say so if it's really so important to you, but why do you have to be such a dick about it? The original post was completely outgoing and friendly, and you responded with an unecessarily sarcastic post, that probably just made them feel bad, and discouraged them from ever posting here. CTYI's supposed to be a community. Cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Just in case anyone is afraid to post here because Aonghus might strike just remember that there is no comeback to a yore ma joke.

But pwning him is so much more fun :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

So remember kids if you're scared of our fuzzy haired friend face up to your fears and just think of the kudos points you'll earn for pwning him.:)

Why would you get kudos points? Pwning R4ph is easy, watch:
    HoboJesus wrote:
    ...you didn't even make any points here...
    R4ph wrote:
    Um... I did. [...]

You really didn't. Here's what you said.

"...You're giving 20 euro credit to your forums biggest spammer? What an inspired idea, who came up with it? Because they should be nominated for the Nobel Prize. Really, I mean that, they're a ****ing genius."

Firstly, you can shave off all but the first sentence, because that's just sarcasm that points out nothing, except a suggested lack of intellegence on the part of the person who came up with the idea. And I can totally see why three sentences of pure sarcasm were necessary for that purpose.

The only thing you did that suggested what you meant was the use of the word "spammer". You didn't say why spammers are bad, or why rewarding them is bad, or even that you thought spammers were bad. You could've said "migit", or "dog" instead of "spammer" and the post still would have worked. If you're going to make a point... make it.

See? easy as that. I'll stop now, because this is wildly off topic at this point, and I doubt everyone wants to see my disagreements, or his. *Expected a "take it to PMs" post pretty soon*

As for the actual topic: Ehh, podge killed the link. Nothing can be done. *aways*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Yes, I did indeed kill the link and with good reason. This isn't a forum that you use to advertise other sites just because you're intending being a CTYIer next year. Sure what the hell, I don't care if you are a CTYIer or run CTYI. CTYI websites are fine, of course, but we're not just gonna spam for the hell of it.

And anyone who's afraid to post, don't be. That's just silly non-sense. If someone flames you for no good reason you use the report button and I get told at which point I can look into it and act if necessary. In fairness to Aonghus his point was accurate, even if it was uh... (I hate myself for this) "flame-on". (I really really hate myself for that. What a dreadful film.)

HoboJesus: On an only slightly related note: "Who asked you?"? I thought you were trying to encourage people to post, not discourage. His post could've been more constructive and say "blah blah blah... I think that's a really bad idea ... blah blah blah" but he's entitled to post.

This is a webforum though. Flaming happens. Again, I re-iterate, being afraid to post is non-sensical. Just post (not just for the sake of it, to add something preferably). Please do post, seriously.

Aonghus: Don't post anymore, ever. ... You've attained an almost perfect number. (4,200)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

wait wait wait wait wait a second here...€20 phone credit and al I have to do is post meaningless non-sensical rubbish?

OP: PM me the link to that site ;)

halenger wrote:
    HoboJesus: On an only slightly related note: "Who asked you?"? I thought you were trying to encourage people to post, not discourage. His post could've been more constructive and say "blah blah blah... I think that's a really bad idea ... blah blah blah" but he's entitled to post.

Well, I more meant that the 20 Euro thing wasn't under debate, especially if the response was something like R4ph's. But yeah, I get your point, free speech etc, just don't use it to act jerkedly.

• Advertisement

halenger wrote:
    Aonghus: Don't post anymore, ever. ... You've attained an almost perfect number. (4,200)

Is that a subtle way of saying that he's banned, or a subtle way of saying that you're afraid of him too?

'Flaming' is also a popular method of cooking in Burger King.

Just to clean things up... Sarcastic. Sarcastic young man *shakes head*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

he's not banned, it's just that 42 is THE number and Aonghushad nearly reached 4,200 posts at the time of that post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

And now he's gone and ruined it. There's been more head shaking round here lately than there has for a while... Tis a bad omen. Like lions eating your head.

I'll stop at 4,242, I promise.

(may be a lie)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Why is this thread still here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Because you just bumped it.

Zounds wrote:
    She makes a good point, moron =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Raphael wrote:
    She makes a good point, moron =D

:rolleyes:

One of these days we might be able to have a discussion on here :eek:

Zounds wrote:

Because you touch yourself at night!

Yay! I've waited ages to use that. I know i'm three posts late, but nothing anyone can say will take away my pride.

• Advertisement

LiamD wrote:
    :rolleyes:

One of these days we might be able to have a discussion on here :eek:
    Um...I was making a joke. Hence the "=D"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement