Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legendary UCD students of the past 5 years

Options
  • 05-12-2005 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Im going to start this off with Aongus, the UCD SU prresident who never failed to find a topic to whinge on about..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Me. What a legend I am.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Tobie Marvin and Aoife Mulqueen, possibly two of the most annoying people i ever came across.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Gaymus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Seamus gaymus yep definatly has to get a mention-he's definatly a ledgend.
    Angous would have to go down in the history books too.Is he still working in ron blacks in town?
    I suppose rossana davidson is famous but i wouldnt call her a legendry ucd figure yet.She is very beautiful though.
    Pierce Farrell is trying soooo hard to make it into the legendary record books.I do think he is v.sweet and nice but will prob go down as biggest hack ever probably.
    I suppose there is a few lefty smokers who used to hang around the arts block who would be instantly recognizable and so are legends in there own right.

surely you mean Pierce "more tribune letters than you" farrell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Red Alert wrote:
    Tobie Marvin and Aoife Mulqueen, possibly two of the most annoying people i ever came across.

What?
    Tobie was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

I found Tobie to be a bit too political. Also there were one or two of her endeavours that fell flat on their face, purely because she was supporting the pinkos to get into power in the SU. So instead following through on something she set up, she let it fall flat on its face leaving some people in the lurch. I have no sympathy for her in that case.

As for Tobie in general, nice girl, just should have stayed away from the whole grr angry riotgrrl politics.

Now Abey "Finger In Every Pie" Campbell is one to go down in history.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭ross_castle

Waht about Paul " Iam a Leftie only wenit suits me" Dillion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

irlrobins wrote:
    Gaymus
    Anyone else see him when he won 'Paisean Faisean' on TG4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

As for Tobie in general, nice girl, just should have stayed away from the whole grr angry riotgrrl politics.

[ sarcasm ]
    Yeah, shame on people who are vocal about their beliefs.
    [ /sarcasm ]

• Advertisement

[ sarcasm ]
    Yeah, shame on people who are vocal about their beliefs.
    [ /sarcasm ]

I have no problem with those who are vocal about their beliefs and act on them... but she didn't, she was just vocal.

If she was as pro-genderqueer as she said she was, she would have done something while she was women's officer - she didn't. If she was as eager to act on what she said as she was to say it,she wouldn't have abandonned a group that she set up to campaign for Fergal Scully, who had a massive team on his side.

That's all she cared about, being heard. She never cared about doing ANYTHING. She gets women's officer, what's the first thing she does, one campaign and then she resigns. Story of her entire life on UCD campus.

So if someone is vocal about their beliefs, fine. That's cool. But if you're going to be a riotgrrl, then at least do something.

I'm not complaining about her being vocal, I'm complaining about her being vocal and not backing it up.

Aoife

she moaned and complained just about everything, but did sweet damn all.

Anyone else see him when he won 'Paisean Faisean' on TG4?

Priceless-he won and all!fair play to him.But in all fairness you have to be suspicious of a guy who picks out a tasteful,fully colour coordinated trousers and top,so really the girl was asking for it.
    Does anyone kno Fred the comedian?he's a bit of a ledge?
    I agree abey cambell is instinantly recognisable and a good sort too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Waht about Paul " Iam a Leftie only wenit suits me" Dillion

Thats an villanously false comment about a good friend of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Micheal D(on't you know I'll still be involved with college life when your kids are here) Clark.

What a guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I also suggest Abey. So many fingers...

What about Chewey the engineer? He finally graduated over the summer. Gotta respect someone who spent 8 years in college. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

panda100 wrote:
    Priceless-he won and all!fair play to him.But in all fairness you have to be suspicious of a guy who picks out a tasteful,fully colour coordinated trousers and top,so really the girl was asking for it.
    Does anyone kno Fred the comedian?he's a bit of a ledge?
    I agree abey cambell is instinantly recognisable and a good sort too.

She's in UCD, she's a friend of mine, and he treated her like poo. Plus, it wasn't that tasteful an outfit, it was just better than the other two.

Syth wrote:
    Gotta respect someone who spent 8 years in college. :)

Ha! I have him beat! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Chewy took 8 years to get an undergraduate degree(engineering iirc).

didn't take me that long. Thank god! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 daphne22

anyone remember mad theresa - now she was crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭ross_castle

Thats an villanously false comment about a good friend of mine.

I know Paul more then 10 Years and I tell you know it's all true. The key words being enlightended Self Intrset. Tell Dillo Dominic K says Hello. One Marys Boy to another. Still think he's a legend even if it's in his own quausi lefty head

oh my god this is so wierd i actually know everyone your talking about!
    Blush 01 soz didnt mean to laugh at the expense of your friend on pasieaan faiseann but it was funny that she chose gaymus outta the three!

I met chewy at a party bout a month ago-i think so anyway!is he called chewwy cos he looks like a certain chewbacca from star wars?He's such a nice bloke-wot a ledge 8 years in college!Think he has a bit of a thing for abbey campbells dog though?!

Ah teresa i know her too i think?black hair and from the north?its not fair to call her mad though.She's just been so lonely here in ucd.She came up chatting to me once in the restaurant and she told me how she finds it really difficult to meet people etc.I just felt really sorry for her poor girl.

Paul dillion is lovely-v.sweet.My lasting memory of him would definatly be in the student bar and gina g,oh ah just a little bit coming on the jukebox and him saying'oh this is my fave song ever'!He totally went up in my estimations after that-finally a guy who embraces his inner pop child!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

A few names that sprung to mind:
    Pierce Farrell
    Abey Campbell
    Paul Dillon
    Gaymus (my R.A. in merville last year... weirdness)
    Fred the comedian
    might I risk Enda Duffy?

Might be interesting to see who we all might think could be the legends of two/three years' time... probably all future Sabbatical officers really...

Bernard Cantillon - he was a laugh while he was a hack. Ok, most people laughed at him... and I was one of them... but he was still a laugh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

might I risk Enda Duffy?

heh, i do have to laugh when i see enda out there fighting the man.
    quite a change from the young man that was in my leaving cert maths class.

enda isnt a ledgend yet!!no way!
    I know i might be a bit biased on this one:) but i do think finbar dwyer would probably go down as a ucd ledge?
    you either kinda love him or hate him....bit like marmite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

richard waghorne! state of him. at our graduation on monday he took about five frickin minutes to walk across the stage and get his degree. had a nice little chat with the deputy president while he was up there. and the other 500 of us sitting there going 'come on.. come on... this is taking long enough already...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ah god old DickWag. :)

Most definitely a legend.

• Advertisement

i used to go to school with Wag:

chemistry teacher is giving his usual pep talk about studying (quite a regular occurence). Wag had no interest in chemistry at all anyway and was merely doing it as his -don't-care- subject. so the teacher notices that down the back of the lab Wag is sitting there alternately reading his greek book and the daily telegraph. teacher goes mental, and starts yelling blue murder. so waghorne camly ignores him, packs his bag and walks to the door. the astonished teacher says: 'what what what are you doing?', actual quote:

"I am leaving this alleged class, something I should have done a long time ago."

absolute legend!

Advertisement