Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legendary UCD students of the past 5 years

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Red Alert wrote:
    "I am leaving this alleged class, something I should have done a long time ago."

absolute legend!

Ah, Dickie-boy, the best brandy-drinking, pocket watch-wearing, L&H-debating, George Galloway-baiting, Observer feature-writing student UCD ever had. *sheds a tear*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I was also in school with Richard. A few of us were in England on a kind of school trip when we were in 4th year (I think). He drank 24 brandies, sherries and ports one night. I've never seen someone so drunk in my life. Puked the life out of the place we were staying in too.

Was also down in Bantry with him and a few other lads after the Leaving Cert. We were having a bit of a wander after the pub closed one night, we walked down to the water and before we knew it he had stripped down to his boxers, hopped in the sea and swam out a fair bit. There were photos years ago, doubt there still around now.

So random.
    What a guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Stevee

Michelle Smith De Bruin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

very true!:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

apparently she never used to speak to anyone though and used to just study non stop and sit at the front-gold medal for studying alll the way.

Richard waghorne definatly gets my vote-he seemed like a really sweet bloke but I love those sort of old chap posh eccentrics-he might get a walk on part in little britain perhaps?

• Advertisement

Who is waghorne

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

panda100 wrote:
    apparently she never used to speak to anyone though and used to just study non stop and sit at the front-gold medal for studying alll the way.

Richard waghorne definatly gets my vote-he seemed like a really sweet bloke but I love those sort of old chap posh eccentrics-he might get a walk on part in little britain perhaps?

Yeah she just got called to the Bar.
    http://lawlibrary.ie/members/barrister.asp?barID=3602
    The boyf knows her. Says she's nice but quiet.

I know Richard quite well, I'm seeing him tomorrow, will say hi from all the boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Richard "dickie" Waghorne, son of Professor Earle Waghorne (one of the chemistry department's finest) I think an Arts student, very good debater, really nice guy from any (few) dealings I've ever had with him. Legend I reckon.

Chewie! what a legend... what a wookie!
    Abey.... legend.
    Mad Theresa... I think she's more in need of some professional help. she was a very lonely girl, had little to no social skills. aparently last year she started talking to random people about suicide. eerie. legandary status? yea.

"Question Boy" Legendary for being kicked out of science because he was masterbating in the computer labs. Now in arts for three days a week. I've heard ALOT about him but never met him.

Pierce Farrell, legend.
    Michael Clark. legend.
    Seamus O'M I still remember that first time I met him - about 5 years a go. Still dont know what to make of him. legend? i suppose.

Paul Dillon? meh.
    Tobie. who?
    Aongus. legendary ****
    Pat Falvey. Absolute legend. Founder of one of the (supprisingly) biggest clubs, larger than life figue, excellent student. a bit mad.

Luke McKinney. Charismatic, Totally Mad, Highly Intelligent. Graduated in a Batman Costume. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Falvey's quite the legend alright! :)
    (though I do have a memory of going to one of his squad training sessions after pretty much not sleeping for a weekend, and getting so dizzy I almost puked... fun fun. Let it be said that I was an ickle fresher at the time...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I was also in school with Richard. A few of us were in England on a kind of school trip when we were in 4th year (I think). He drank 24 brandies, sherries and ports one night. I've never seen someone so drunk in my life. Puked the life out of the place we were staying in too.

So random.
    What a guy.

Was that the infamous Millfield trip? I'd be worried if someone did that more than once :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Richard Waghorn... Was our prefect in 2nd year. Introduced himself thusly;

"Hewo, my name ith Wichawd Waghorn and am your new clath prefecth...I will gith you a momenth to laugh ath my voice"

Gospel truth - fair play to the dude. Never had any real contact with him, but saw him slugging from a hipflask at the sidelines of a SCT match after he graduated - it was about 3pm on a wednesday, was also wearing a suit and had a briefcase. At 19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

what about james "how many years cant i stay on the students union" carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

He was more entertaining in LawSoc... those songs he used to sing in the Comedy debates... mortifying for him, hilarious for the rest of us.

I miss the wall... the people there were (for the most part) lovely. Chewy rocks, although I haven't seen him in an age. His friend Ed is nice too - pity about being named after a horse though, I mean, that's just cruel.

Has Ciaran Lawlor actually left UCD yet? He can still be seen wandering around the place occasionally. And Gregg O'Neill's in the Forum Office again this year, although that's a good thing.

Basil's still around too.

Seen Richard around a few times recently, mainly skulking around the corridor behind 911. An overall nice guy.

Is that Pat Falvey as in this Pat Falvey

http://www.patfalvey.com/

I never knew he went to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Waltons wrote:
    Was that the infamous Millfield trip? I'd be worried if someone did that more than once :confused:

Yep. I thought I knew Richard till that night. We were genuinely anxious that night, he really overdid it, we stayed up all night to make sure he was ok!

Differrent Pat Falvey.

Havent seen Basil in a while. legend I reckon.

I also miss the wall.... I had some good times hanging around there. some great times come to think of it. I used to nearly live there. odd. But I wouldnt call anyone who was part of that crowd a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Its a pity how there aint more ucd girls considered as ledgends.
    I think if james carroll runs for the su again this year then he'd definatly be considered a ledgend.I still think finbar is a bit of a ucd ledge since he banned coke and all but no one here seems to know him so perhaps not:confused:

aaaah finbar.
    is he still about?

female legends? hmm...
    one springs to mind, but not for any honourable reasons, so I'll leave it be.
    Cant really think of any female UCD "legends"
    Whathername that used to run the SU shops.... maybe. but the name escapes me.

now i know she aint a student but the small asian girl who works at the till in hilpers for the past three years all i have heard her say is " €2 please":eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

tintinr35 wrote:
    now i know she aint a student but the small asian girl who works at the till in hilpers for the past three years all i have heard her say is " €2 please":eek:

Another non-legend but infamous in his own right is the really narky guy who makes the coffee in 911. I hate being served by him he is so cranky, what is his problem?

• Advertisement

Jules in the student centre. Legend.

hmmm title for the thread was legendary students...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Finbar!! Met him in town a couple of weeks ago. One nice guy...

Welcome back Larry!! I missed ya!!

''Kissy Kissy''.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

is Jules a.k.a. Mick Donnell?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

We're forgetting one crucial person! His spirit remains with all of us:

Pat Patterson!

:P

*wipes tear from eye*

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Ah you gotta love Gaymus, a true living legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jam_Jar

panda100 wrote:
    Priceless-he won and all!fair play to him.But in all fairness you have to be suspicious of a guy who picks out a tasteful,fully colour coordinated trousers and top,so really the girl was asking for it.
    Does anyone kno Fred the comedian?he's a bit of a ledge?
    I agree abey cambell is instinantly recognisable and a good sort too.
    Fred WAS a legend!!! Very true. Quirky, wacky mad man! Finished last year though :(

Most annoying person, actually there are two this year....the two little men trying to rival gaymus for campest man on campus title. There is one that's about 5ft, wears a yellow hat, yellow jumpers and yellow belts....or the same, except in pink..... Then there is his blonde rival , spectacle wearing, shrill, shrieking attention seeking headache. Sits in the arts cafe with the tanorexic's. Seamu is actually quite subdued comparitively speaking!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ah now hang on there, James is lovely! He's the most fun you'll ever have on a night out, and has a fantastic voice. Plus, he's the bomb, especially when drunk.

I never said they were legends, just nice people Larry. In fact I don't think anyone I mentioned has legendary status really.

Finbar got right up my nose and stayed there. Sorry Panda!

jam_Jar wrote:
    :(

There is one that's about 5ft, wears a yellow hat, yellow jumpers and yellow belts....or the same, except in pink.....

its funny cause i live with this guy in belgrove!!! he is not actually gay!!.............i hope;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Anyone ever involved in the SU can never, ever be a UCD legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

tintinr35 wrote:
    its funny cause i live with this guy in belgrove!!! he is not actually gay!!.............i hope;)

Another member of the 'camp to be cool' fraternity!

Advertisement