Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from The FS forums for reporting a Trader??

Options
  • 05-12-2005 3:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

just recieved a ban from the for sale forums for reporting a Thread that I suspect is a trader... WHY??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Perhaps link us to the thread you reckoned was a trader?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I've just read your thread. CuLT banned you because he felt you were a trader - i.e. having way too many Sky FTA cards for sale.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

WizZard wrote:
    I've just read your thread. CuLT banned you because he felt you were a trader - i.e. having way too many Sky FTA cards for sale.
    This and then he decided to be a smartarse and report STICKIED posts after I locked his thread. I hadn't even banned him until then.

The ban is of indefinate length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭NollaigDE1

I only pointed out that why was my thread closed when I only have 2 sky cards yet somene else can sell 16 hard drives and then gets more and still is allowed, that is the thread I reported, how is selling 2 items trading but 16 is not?? No I wasn't banned for my thread I was banned for pointing out other threads that were obvious traders,
    So can someone expalin why mine is trading?? cards didn't sell last time I offered them..

why is this person not a trader??
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054851752
    so am I not allowed to report bad threads??

oh and the stickied post I reported is a blatant trader aswell, is the fact his thread is stickied mean the charter does not apply to him???
    Why have a charter if it only applies to some,
    Was told by the mod that it was at his discretion who can and can't trade

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's in the charter that the mods can choose when and where to enforce the rules.

And you continue to misquote me; it is at our, the moderating teams, (which is the wording I used), discretion.

So essentially yes, unless you are told you have an exemption from the rules, assume you don't have one. Seems fairly basic to me.

You had one card to offer in the initial sale here. You then proceeded to "come by" more and more of these cards.
    NollaigDE1 wrote:
    I can get more If there is enough interest, so its €55 inc postage to anywhere in ireland.

I will not further entertain traders, least of all rude ones. As far as I'm concerned this matter is closed and you will remain permanently banned unless you have some sort of huge character change.

• Advertisement

NollaigDE1 wrote:
    I only pointed out that why was my thread closed when I only have 2 sky cards yet somene else can sell 16 hard drives and then gets more and still is allowed, that is the thread I reported, how is selling 2 items trading but 16 is not?? No I wasn't banned for my thread I was banned for pointing out other threads that were obvious traders,
    So can someone expalin why mine is trading?? cards didn't sell last time I offered them..

why is this person not a trader??
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054851752
    so am I not allowed to report bad threads??

oh and the stickied post I reported is a blatant trader aswell, is the fact his thread is stickied mean the charter does not apply to him???
    Why have a charter if it only applies to some,
    Was told by the mod that it was at his discretion who can and can't trade

1. If the stickied thread you refer to is the one selling net cables then I presume you haven't read it. The reason it is not "trading" as defined under the charter is explained at least once in that thread. Go read it.

2. In my opinion skibum is not trading as he is selling items for less than their retail price, and secondhand.
    He is not trying to rip anyone off. The prices are fair and people who buy are happy. (FYI Sky FTA cards are £20 retail)

FTA cards are not available in Ireland, they are only 20 sterling if you live in UK, with a valid TV licience, To buy them in Ireland can cost 60-90 euro, still isn't trading if I was looking for €300 as I am only selling on 2 cards that I no longer need. BTW mine are used,
    The fact that he is selling below cost is irrelevant, my items don't have a RRP in Ireland,
    So has anyone got a genuine argument to expalin this??

I suppose the guy selling the LAN cables is not making any money on them??? come on!!
    Oh suppose the guy selling the Hard Drives is selling them on for exactly what he paid for them too,
    This is the definition of trader in the charter

No "dealers" or vendors of any kind. If you purchase any items in quantity, with the sole intent of bringing them here to resell, you are a dealer, by our definition.
    thats what I pointed out and was then banned, nothing to do with my thread, didn't send or post any insults to the mod just asked him for clarification as to why my Thread was considered Trading and someone elses was not?? why the ban??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

if you read the back of the cards, you'll notice that they say property of SSL, the 20quid sterling is a handling charge for them in affect.

So, in fact, you were selling stuff that you don't have the legal right to.

thats not true, and not the reason I was banned, as I said I was banned for reporting a trader...

NollaigDE1 wrote:
    thats not true, and not the reason I was banned, as I said I was banned for reporting a trader...
    No, the quote below is the reason you are banned.
    CuLT wrote:
    This and then he decided to be a smartarse and report STICKIED posts after I locked his thread.

Did you not even think that a stickied post had been approved by the mods of that forum? Or were you just stamping your foot and looking for a way to vent your spleen?

<edit>BTW, did you PM the mods of that (FS) board or just come straight to Feedback to post a "Fight the Powa" thread?</edit>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

NollaigDE1 wrote:

You were banned for acting the prat....you've already been told this.

CuLT wrote:
    You had one card to offer in the initial sale . You then proceeded to "come by" more and more of these cards.

Had one then decided to sell the other when asked if I had another one, not talking about huge quantities here?? oh and neither sold BTW.
    CuLT wrote:
    I will not further entertain traders, least of all rude ones. As far as I'm concerned this matter is closed and you will remain permanently banned unless you have some sort of huge character change.

So does that mean that the 2 Threads that I pointed out as TRADERS are closed???

RuggieBear wrote:
    You were banned for acting the prat....you've already been told this.
    Expalin?? what is the "report Bad post" feature for???

WizZard wrote:
    BTW, did you PM the mods of that (FS) board or just come straight to Feedback to post a "Fight the Powa" thread?</edit>

yes PM'd the mod is question explaining that I wasn't a trader and that my previous attempt to sell the cards never materialised, and as my previous thread had gone into a 3 page discussion on the merits of the cards I posted a new thread,
    I also then had the cheek to tell him about the other threads, that I suspected were really trading, then I was banned, hence I came here,

StopPosting.jpg

Eh you asked me a question is your last post??? that was the answer, so anyone got a sensible answer to my questions??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

no.
    FS forum is strictly and heavily modded for a reason.
    unfortunately, you got caught up in it, and you are unlikely to change the minds of the mod who banned you.
    A discussion though PM is more likely to reslove the issue than posting here.

no.
    unfortunately, you got caught up in it, and you are unlikely to change the minds of the mod who banned you.

I did try and discuss it through PM, he told me that he has no time for me and banned me from the forum??

to change the minds of the mod who banned you.
    Minds?

Where does CuLT keep the ones he's not using?

NollaigDE1 wrote:
    I did try and discuss it through PM, he told me that he has no time for me and banned me from the forum??

But if CuLT does want to discuss it again with me I, I would be glad to.

• Advertisement

Minds?

Where does CuLT keep the ones he's not using?

its in my pocket. im minding it for him while his current one is being used.

in that case, youre out of luck my friend.

while i personally dont see a huge problem here, the fact of the matter is that not everything is always fair here, but things are run the way they are run to accomodate the vast majority (ie 99.9%) of users, and sometimes things fall into the cracks.
    take it that this may be one of those times.

besides, if you only have 2 items at around 20 quid a piece, youre not losing out on much *if* they were purchased anyway!

while i personally dont see a huge problem here, the fact of the matter is that not everything is always fair here, but things are run the way they are run to accomodate the vast majority (ie 99.9%) of users, and sometimes things fall into the cracks.take it that this may be one of those times.
    Yeah wouldn't mind that if them rules were then applied to everyone,
    besides, if you only have 2 items at around 20 quid a piece, youre not losing out on much *if* they were purchased anyway!

But I'm now pernamently banned from the forum.................

But at least this MOD(WhiteWashMan) seems fair and honest. thanks

if youre good like santa asks, and you keep your sniffer clean, Cult may allow you back after a few weeks. hes a decent fellow, just busy with his own life rather than arguing the toss on boards.ie.
    ask him nicely in a week or two.

no offence, your plight is probably not that impotant to him right now :)

as for being a fair and honest mod, i keep telling everyone that, but they just dont believe me.

Cult may allow you back after a few weeks. hes a decent fellow, just busy with his own life rather than arguing the toss on boards.ie.
    ask him nicely in a week or two.

no offence, your plight is probably not that impotant to him right now :)
    If you can't moderate fairly you should step aside, If you are charged with doing something, you should do it properly or not at all, Take more time to do what he did than the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

no.

Uncharacteristically civil of you WWM...and on Feedback!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

NollaigDE1 wrote:
    If you can't moderate fairly you should step aside, If you are charged with doing something, you should do it properly or not at all,

Dig up dummy...

NollaigDE1 wrote:
    If you can't moderate fairly you should step aside, If you are charged with doing something, you should do it properly or not at all, Take more time to do what he did than the right thing.

cult is doing it properly.
    he is heavy handed with everyone in that forum. and thats his perogative.

arguing here with me isnt going to make it better.

ive told you what to do, i know youre annoyed, but thats the way life is. like i said, the moderators and boards.ie cater to 99.9% of people. some fall through the cracks every now and then.
    im not going to apologise for that, becuase you know, you cant please everyone all of the time. i am well aware of that. you are one of the unpleased at the moment. and while its not ideal, and while you just happen to be the persopn of the moment, nothing is going to change, and arguing more is not going to help. in fact, i will let you in on a secret, it will hinder you.

people are usualy fairly civil the first time you ask a question. but when you do it all the time and then get narky about it, you will get treated like The General (if you care to check out any of his masterpieces on this forum).

like i said, give it a week, pm a nice request, im sure cult will let you back in, but dont get arsey, becuase people will just get arsey back.

this is a free site, run by people who give up their time. to accuse someone of not doing a good job according to you is not going to win you friends. cult is a damn fine mod, he does a good job. please dont go around saying that he isnt.
    cult mods fairly. you happen to fall into the harsh side of his banning stick. he has a strict policy. nothing you can do will change that policy, but dont make the mistake of mixing up his policy with not being able to do his job. it has nothing to do with being fair or not. it has to do with allowing the flow of the forums he moderators to continue. if he saw you as causing eddies in the current, then he will ban you. and anyone else who does the same. he is very harsh, but fair.

like i said. pm ina week and nicely ask to be let in.

Advertisement