Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was so desperate for a smoke that I...

Options
  • 05-12-2005 4:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

Finish the sentence!
    What shamefull/disgusting/desperate thing have you done to get a fix in your hour of need?

I think my worst one was when I came home from school one day, looking forward to a smoke and a cup of coffee to relax after a long day of doodling in my copy.
    I put the kettle on, and went for a wee... with my last ciggy perched behind my ear... I can't remember whether it was before, after, or during the widdle... but the ciggy slipped from behind my ear and dropped into the toilet bowl.
    Having looked forward to it so much and having no money, I fished out the cigg and dried it in the microwave.
    Smoked it, manky... but what can ye do? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

My most desperate moment was when i was stuck at home with no money and no fags when i was about 16. I managed most of the day without one but by 6 o clock i couldn't even sit down. So i took a couple of my sisters fag buts out of the bin emptied he remains of the tobacco into a piece of paper which i used as a skin and smoked it! It was fu*king horrible but i still did it three times afterwards!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I think the most desperate I ever got was running out of cigarettes in the Village, and harassing complete strangers for one.....that was my lowest point I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

So desperate for a smoke - the girl i got the ciggie off was even more desperate looking - i think i showered for a month after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Oh, I remembered another one...
    As a broke 15/16 year-old I was in an arcade (Funland on O'Connell Street afaicr) ... no ciggs left, so when the guy a few machines down from me finished his game, threw his smoke on the floor and left, I went over, picked it up and smoked the butt. :D
    Now that's pretty low.

And I can relate to your story Dimitri, I've done the ol' ash-tray raid many a time... truly they are the most disgusting of all smokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oh, I remembered another one...
    As a broke 15/16 year-old I was in an arcade (Funland on O'Connell Street afaicr) ... no ciggs left, so when the guy a few machines down from me finished his game, threw his smoke on the floor and left, I went over, picked it up and smoked the butt. :D
    Now that's pretty low.

And I can relate to your story Dimitri, I've done the ol' ash-tray raid many a time... truly they are the most disgusting of all smokes.

Thats very very low!

I've never been desperate enough to raid an ashtray, like silverfish my worst would probably be scabbing one off a complete stranger.

The majority of the time though I've always got cigarettes, should my supply fall to four or five I'll always buy another box before it gets down to 2ish.

That or if times are hard (i.e I haven't been to an ATM or it's too early in the morning) I'll just get some off my mom or dad 'til I've been to the shop, or get one of them to pick me up some if they're headed that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Shít guys, am I the only really disgusting one here?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

^^Nope i think i fall into that category(sp?) aswell.

Advertisement