Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is it so hard to get an XBOX 360 ?

• 05-12-2005 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Why is it that microsoft deciced to stock such a limited supply of the xbox 360 in shops ? I have heard that they won't have any new units being shipped here until the new year ? If this is true, won't they be giving up their christmas market ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

have heard the same. Hope it's not true. if anyone's seen one around dublin for sale please pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

pontovic wrote:
    I have heard that they won't have any new units being shipped here until the new year ?

That's the opposite of what I've heard. I heard they're going to try and get more units into the channel each week. Microsoft then made a similar press statement aswell, confirming that.

Found it. http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62000

"Every week we're going to be shipping units in. We're doing all we can to get as many planes and ships through as fast as we can - so that's my guarantee to people, that that's the effort we're putting into it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

The GAME store in the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre (Dublin) has put on messages on the boxes of the XBox 360, on which they inform the customers that because there was an unpredicted run on the consoles, shipments are very low between now and X-Mas. I haven't checked other stores personally, however, I've heard from some people that Smyth's is supposedly also low on shipments.

Even though GAME has a negative impression, I don't think they make messages like this up.

I don't wanna buy a 360 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

lol its funny how much time the sony fanboys seem to be spending in the XBOX section lately, we dont need to know every 5 mins that you dont want a 360 and your gonna get a ps3. Every post by them has their little dig at the end. Go off and play your ps2 to till 2007!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

you can check the game stores stock on http://www.game.uk.com/update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

So when are the next round of shipments meant to be? Is it every Friday from now on til Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well from what I've heard, and this is a mate who works for MS, they are getting more shipments in next week and it looks they have weekly shipments in until demand dies down.

Also why is it the sony fanboys feel the need to keep popping over and telling us that they are not going to be buying it and that the ps3 is so much better?

Advertisement