Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty gets green light to buy NTL here

• 05-12-2005 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭

Liberty gets green light to buy NTL here

05/12/2005 : 09:42:21

Sector: ,Leisure,,

The sale of cable firm NTL to the international player Liberty has been cleared by Enterprise Minister Micheal Martin.

With Liberty already owning the rival firm Chorus, the move effectively creates a single dominant force in the Irish cable tv market.

Liberty now plans to step up efforts to deliver phnone and broadband services over its cables.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Heard it on Radio1 myself with the new head of the UPC Ireland talking about it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

He also saids that NTL and Chorus in time will be rebranded as UPC Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

JackieChan wrote:
    He also saids that NTL and Chorus in time will be rebranded as UPC Ireland.

Did he mention what "time" is? I can't imagine any new products until they are rebranded. Just look at how dismal the Chrorus packages were until last week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Could we mount a Chorus gravestone somewhere, so I can piss on it?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

paulm17781,
    He gave no indication of this. He just stated that in their other markets they are known as UPC Holland, etc and that they would go the same way here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

only hope is that they will grow the bb network but i wont hold my breath id hoped ntl buying cable link would do the same thing and im still here on an eircom line.

Kristok wrote:
    only hope is that they will grow the bb network but i wont hold my breath id hoped ntl buying cable link would do the same thing and im still here on an eircom line.

But there are hundreds of us who no longer are. In the past year my house and my parents house have gotten NTL BB. We couldn't for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Just got the NTL flyer last week.

• Advertisement

paulm17781 wrote:
    But there are hundreds of us who no longer are. In the past year my house and my parents house have gotten NTL BB. We couldn't for years.

Fair enough but hundreds out of millions dosnt really cut it when so many years have passed. Id like to hope that some day bb will come to finglas via cable but I wont hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Kristok wrote:
    Fair enough but hundreds out of millions dosnt really cut it when so many years have passed. Id like to hope that some day bb will come to finglas via cable but I wont hold my breath.

Yes - but NTL (at least) have been forging ahead. All of Galway and Waterford; a third of Dublin. It's fair motoring IMO.:)

Kristok wrote:

I would think it will be within the year. I think our BB revolution is about to happen.... :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

paulm17781 wrote:
    I would think it will be within the year. I think our BB revolution is about to happen.... :):)
    You mean within next year?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

tyrrelstown has just gone live today and the orders are flooding in

Isnt tyrrelstown a new estate ? I would assume new estates would get it before the rest of us either way.

Well I hope next year ntl do move into finglas and all the other areas in dublin but ive been burned a few times with them so im not going to start to expect anything. Id love to get rid of esats stupid download limit, I mean 24gb isnt the end of the world but it sure does stop me doing allot of things online like watching streaming media. Eirher way id expect any progress with cable bb to end if they are taken over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Kristok wrote:
    Isnt tyrrelstown a new estate ? I would assume new estates would get it before the rest of us either way.

Well I hope next year ntl do move into finglas and all the other areas in dublin but ive been burned a few times with them so im not going to start to expect anything. Id love to get rid of esats stupid download limit, I mean 24gb isnt the end of the world but it sure does stop me doing allot of things online like watching streaming media. Eirher way id expect any progress with cable bb to end if they are taken over.
    Don't worry about the cap BT dont really care about it; you can break it and not sweat.

Advertisement