Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a lcd tv is this anygood and where

Options
  • 05-12-2005 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Sharp Aquos 26" Widescreen LCD HD Ready LC-26GA6E

i might buy from savastore or digiuk.com

anyone order fom these before or anyone know cheaper websites online to buy:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

thegame wrote:

anyone order fom these before or anyone know cheaper websites online to buy:confused:

Im not too sure , but I think the resolution is lower then most other LCD's around. Unfortunetely you missed out on the dell 26" that was been offered last week on their website for €550, as you know you wont get a 26! anywhere that is HD ready for that type of money. I got one and and I am delighted with it. Check the bargain thread for details as i saw that some people that got it last week were going to sell it on again for same price. Also check out www.komplett.ie for some good deals or www.katronics.de (german site) for very good prices.

Cheers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

thegame wrote:

Don't know anything about the TV, but ordered my LE32R41B from Savastore and was pleased with them - ordered Tuesday evening, shipped Wednesday evening, got it lunchtime monday. STG£25 delivery to Ireland, and saved 300 euro on the price in the shops here.

Mind you, while their account department was very good (there was an issue with my credit card address and a few e-mail back and forth, sorted in a couple of hours), their customer service was poor - they never gave me a tracking number to track delivery with the courier, and I had mailed them the morning the TV arrived to ask for one. Forgot about it,
    then a full two weeks later got a reply telling me the TV had been delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

just ordered the same tv as you MOH ,Whats the 32inch like cant wait to see it ,i also rang savastore with the order and gave my cc details ,will let you know how long it takes and its been sent by Euro Road Service?? who are they and who delivered yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

I'm looking to buy this Sumsung LCD: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=315390&cks=PRL

Everything looks good except for the connections. It doesn't have scart which I'd need for my Sky+ box and PS2.

It only has:

1 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
    1 x DVI-D - 24 pin digital DVI
    1 x S-video input
    1 x composite video input

Any ideas of ways aaround this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It does have a scart. SEarch the Net a bit.

http://www.prad.de/en/guide/screen2516.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Curse my ignorance! Nice one JPA, I'll be ordering one of those soon so.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jacky08

Sorry for jumping onto the thread - I'm looking top buy a small,cheapish LCD 15'' or 17'' for the kitchen so I can watch the football:D :D

Any good recommendations as to where and what to buy - Dublin region

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

thegame wrote:
    just ordered the same tv as you MOH ,Whats the 32inch like cant wait to see it ,i also rang savastore with the order and gave my cc details ,will let you know how long it takes and its been sent by Euro Road Service?? who are they and who delivered yours

Very happy with the 32" so far. Haven't used it yet for much beyond normal TV and DVDs, plugged the PC in and ran GTA and FarCry on it and looked great. Simple enough to set everything up, even for a relative noob like me. We'd been using my 17" monitor with a TV tuner card since moving house, so obviously the 32" was pretty breathtaking when it arrived :)
    Had a few people over for a housewarming last weekend, everyone was raving about it - and that ewas before I turned it on!

The courier Savastore used for me was http://www.amtrak.co.uk/ - they supply the "Euro road service"

Think it took about 3.5-4 days from the time it showed as despatched on the Savastore site. My only gripe was that Savastore didn't give me the tracking number for tracking with the courier, and when I mailed them for it, got no response until 2 weeks after the TV was delivered! But I could always have phoned them if it didn't turn up.could possibly have contacted Amtrak directly, had I thought about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

you can get the tracking number on the savastore page by going in to your account mate and go to order tracking and go to your details on your order page and it says Consignment Details:Number and it shows a 12 digit number followed by a .1 ,then go to amtrak and track it

just did it there but there tracking webpage is crap it just says With Consignor

Advertisement