Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Troubleshooting Assistant

Options
  • 05-12-2005 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Would it be possible/worthwhile setting up an area specific to various car brands (Audi/BMW/Fiat/Merc/Suzuki/Etc) where people could post if they're having problems with their cars, what they've done to them, as well as giving links to various specialit clubs (www.bmwcarclub.com, www.bmwdriver.net) which discuss car problems and remedies specific to make/model?

What I mean is where you hit "Rec", get a dropdown and select "Motors", and then you have "Classic", "Modified", "Motorbikes" and "Motors", possibly put a section in marked "Brands".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I think it would be overkill.
    Maybe a sticky listing all brands, and their dedicated websites may be a better idea:

Alfa Romeo:
    www. alfaromeo. com
    www. wow what a nice car.com
    www. shexy. com
    Audi:
    www. audi.com
    www. big german tank.com
    www. are audis not just rebranded expensive vw's.com
    www. and vw's are rebranded expensive skodas.com
    www. nothing wrong with skodas though.com
    BMW:
    www. bmw.com
    www. don't get me started on this lot .com

You get the idea;)

**Please note, the websites listed above may not actually exist, and I accept no responsibility for the content of any that may actually exist.**

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

There's no need to for it. The 'search' function is all you need.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bluetonic wrote:
    There's no need to for it. The 'search' function is all you need.
    ...when it works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Prospekt - that's the idea, I just didn't word it very well!

KBannon - noce cows!

Advertisement