Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking NTL Contract

• 05-12-2005 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hello,
    Just a question. A few months ago I signed up to NTL broadband and have the 3Mb option and its completly amazing. No complaints at all... super fast, low contention etc...
    However my circumstances have changed and in a couple of months I will have to move out of the apartment (where I rent). Where I am going however will not have NTL broadband as an option so I will essentially be breaking the 12mo contract for which I signed up to.

What is my position regarding this ? Can I break the contract ? Transfer it etc...

-Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulyx

tHERE IS A €65 CANCELLATION FEE......

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Maybe the new tenants would be interested in getting BB also, so you could just transfer the contract to them.

Otherwise just call and explain the story and they might let you off without the cancellation fee. I find NTL CS to be pretty fair minded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

65 euro cancellation fee...

If thats the worst then I can live with that... was worried that it was going to be the case that I'd have to pay out the years contract...

Will plead my case though !!

Thanks for the responses...

Is the 65euro cancellation fee mentioned anywhere in writing ?

-alan

Advertisement