Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static IP with UTV

• 05-12-2005 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to forward some ports on my Zyxel Router with UTV. Having problems with doing this, and think it might be the fact that I don't have a static IP address. On the FAQs on the UTV site, it says that you aren't allowed a static IP at the moment.

I keep coming up against a NAT problem with the Router.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

A dynamic IP address shouldn't be a problem for port forwarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

OK.

My torrent speeds are woeful. Using Azereus on OSX. I thought it might be the static IP.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Have you got uPnp on your router? You could enable that in Azureus. If there is more than one computer connected to the router then the port forwarding may be bound to the wrong computer, this can happen very easily if your turning computers on and off you could remedy that by disabling DHCP and set up IP addresses manually yourself. Personally I just use uPnp for bittorrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

Thanks, I'll check that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I use port forwarding/manual IP addresses instead of UPNP as I feel more secure assigning a set IP for the torrent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement