Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Disgrace!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Jazzy wrote:
    lol
    it was quite funny when i bought Doom 3: ROE over in america at a gamestop there.
    them - "You do realise you have to have the original Doom 3 to get this game to work?"

Jesus you sound the like the record collector nerds in High Fidelity ...

I think the shop clerk was being friendly and nice by checking that you were buying the correct game, I would imagine loads of people buy expansion packs by mistake thinking they are buying a full game.

All you had to do was say "Yeah I know, i got the original" ... should he have just known you were l33t?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Zillah wrote:
    When I bought BF2 he kinda pointed at the back and said "Did you see the specs, will your pc run it?" and I said, "What..oh yeah it'll be fine".

That was it.

Nah. I brought my copy of Sudden Strike to the counter, the guy scrutinised the back of it and listed off the requirments and said, "Are you sure this will run on your computer?", Yes I replied, "Because you cant return it if it won't, you know that?".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Lemlin wrote:
    I was in there last week and felt sorry for some little kid. He'd bought a PC game and they refused to exchange it because it wouldn't work on his system. They said they can't exchange games due to piracy. In all fairness, I can't see a little kid about 8 pirating games. The poor wee fella was about to ball his eyes out.

standard anywhere that sells PC games nowadays, they probably told him to check and make sure it was workable before he paid for it; although that's not to say they certainly did.

I'll have to check out the Game prices over here for the next gen, see if they are the same when converted. I'm in Wolves, and there isn't really any competition, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Wicknight wrote:
    Jesus you sound the like the record collector nerds in High Fidelity ...

I think the shop clerk was being friendly and nice by checking that you were buying the correct game, I would imagine loads of people buy expansion packs by mistake thinking they are buying a full game.

All you had to do was say "Yeah I know, i got the original" ... should he have just known you were l33t?

no i didnt know i should have done that cos im stupid as i stated before.
    thank you for pointing that out to me, i think without YOU i would be lost.
    @|\||) 0|= (0|_||"\$3 !|\/| 1337

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There's a very simple solution to this. Go to GAME, pick up the game you want, say it's whatever price whereever, and GAME will match it. Problem solved. They're just chancing their arms with higher prices. If another store has the game in stock at a lower price, they will match it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

Sand wrote:

That kid got what he deserved. Sales people arent there to ask you to check your system can run it.

In all fairness, he was a kid, you can't be that tough on him. His mother or granny probably bought it for him for god's sake. They could of exchanged it just this once as goodwill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Jammer wrote:
    I was disgusted yesterday when i went to pick up Call of Duty 2 for xBox360 last night. Went into game, and they wanted €79.99 for it. Criminal.

Crossed the road to PC World - €64.99.

Thats FIFTEEN EURO in the difference.

How can they be getting away with this? I can accept a €5 difference, but €15? Thats a joke.

I went into Xtra Vision and asked if they had any games, they want €74.99 for every game. They guy said something like 'theyre the same everywhere man' - eh, no. Goto Smiths/PC World/Argos and they are €64.99 and €69.99, which is still expensive but someway resonable compared to the others.

Also, HMV wanted €99.99 for the wireless adapter. I got it €15 cheaper in the same shopping centre also. Some retailers really are havin a laugh!

If you can afford a 360 then what is yer point mate.

chrislad wrote:
    There's a very simple solution to this. Go to GAME, pick up the game you want, say it's whatever price whereever, and GAME will....

Report you to the manager for thread spoiling.

TomCo wrote:
    Report you to the manager for thread spoiling.

How the hell is that thread spoiling? Please. Explain.

Its a joke :rolleyes:

Read the whole post together.

In the 'for sale' forum when someone is selling something and someone posts "But you can get X for Y price in store Z", that is considered thread spoiling.

I was comparing doing that to what you had said about price matching in game.

Didn't think I'd have to explain it.

• Advertisement

That's the thing about sarcasm. It doesn't really come off too well in text format. Try throwing a smilie in next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Agreed.

Advertisement