Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Prime Time Special - Car Price Fixing & NCT Tonight

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

lomb wrote:
    hes done very well so far, come on a ferrari b4 u are 30, how many people can say that?
    he also has a lease or owns a prime garage on the nass road, more than most have, sure now his name is dirt but he can rename it something else!

Why is he selling the Ferrari then? I think he is in over his head. Made a little money for himself, bought a flash motor and got himself in a lot of bother over it (know someone in VRO who dealt with him and you would think with him being in the trade that wouldn't have happened) His name is now dirt and cann't see shifting any of his cars anytime soon.

And IMO don't think his garage is in the best of spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

lomb wrote:
    sure now his name is dirt but he can rename it something else!

Can he name himself something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ernie Ball wrote:
    Can he name himself something else?
    Sure for only €30 the cost of a deedpoll he can call himself anything he likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

PMSL @ this thread.
    regardless of his reputation quite possibly being ruined , when you drive a ferrari you have to give people reasons to like you :D , and with these discoveries , people will have bad feelings towards someone who profits from ripping off the public , and i know sure so does the whole republic :D

entertaining viewing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Bond-007 wrote:
    how about michael opteron because he can overclock a car also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

These guys don't get upset by a bit of exposure like, this they thrive on it, he's already a legend among his own crowd. Your dealing with someone who doesn't give a sh*t about what people think. Give it a week or two and he will be selling just as much stuff as he was a week ago. If truth be told he's probably gone on holiday's as we speak. I know of another dealer who would be in the same league as this guy and I hear people cribbing about him one week and they buy a car off him the next. Generally speaking if people think they're getting a good deal they would buy a car off the Devil himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bond-007 wrote:

Ms Moneypenny is already taken though as a name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Why is he selling the Ferrari then?
    I believe he always intended to flog it, he was just using it as a runabout in the meantime :D

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

junkyard wrote:
    These guys don't get upset by a bit of exposure like, this they thrive on it, he's already a legend among his own crowd. Your dealing with someone who doesn't give a sh*t about what people think.

most/all of the other non franchised dealers on the nass road are clockers. i cant go into how i know this but they are all as dodgy as f***
    At the end of the day u have to ask why they picked on fogarty when there is an even well known clocker on the nass road, id say someone in the trade said keep an eye on what he buys to primetime probably because people are a little jealous he drives a rock stars car as a used car dealer to merlin car auctions(also as dodgy as ..)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I'd say the PrimeTime team were simply watching the auctions and spotted that this Merc was in goos shape but had high mileage and the potential to be clocked !

They simply observed who bought it and where it went and then kept their eyes on it !

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Mr Fogerty does not even own the car it is owned by the garage as an asset, he has been trying to sell it since the day he got it as its killing him. Fair play to the guy he was a good mechinic when he worked for BMW but he is a cowboy and always was.

TCP/IP wrote:
    Mr Fogerty does not even own the car it is owned by the garage as an asset, he has been trying to sell it since the day he got it as its killing him.
    or he wants to drive it and has it bought under the garage and claims its for sale as otherwise hed have to pay benefit in kind tax, also the insurance is under the garage policy and there are other advantages, serves as a nice ad for his dealership as its parked outside. id say if u offered him 150 for it(which it is worth) 2 weeks ago before primetime i doubt he would have taken it. he didnt want to sell it, ferraris especially red ones, have a que of buyers as long as ur arm in this country. its a great 'trophy' car for a man thats made it
    and there are plenty of them in ireland tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

thing is i know the guy and he has been trying to sell it for ages he lives near me

TCP/IP wrote:
    thing is i know the guy and he has been trying to sell it for ages he lives near me
    yeah his parents live around the corner from me, i used to see him the odd time driving down my road, i know hes been trying to shift it , but has he really made an effort? if it was left on uk plates i know for a FACT it would shift overnight. such is the demand for rhd 360s there. what goes against his car were the poxy racing seats and the red carpets, i think he may have replaced the seats with the leather ones that are now on his website so that helps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

he came across as a pure and utter scum bag to be fair. the merc is advertised as 80k, they test drove it and it said 80k then to start saying there isn't 80k on that car. come back in a hour sure why not get the keys and show them on the spot if there wasn't 80k on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Fogarty's tried several times but can't get finance through any of the car finance companies. Would imagine that doesn't help either.

Bond-007 wrote:

Maybe he should call himself Liam Lawlor. Better still: Charles Haughey.

iregk wrote:
    he came across as a pure and utter scum bag to be fair. the merc is advertised as 80k, they test drove it and it said 80k then to start saying there isn't 80k on that car. come back in a hour sure why not get the keys and show them on the spot if there wasn't 80k on the clock.

But there were no injectors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

ah right sorry yeah, sure without those nothing not even the ashtray in the car would work!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

lomb wrote:
    aye, i see him driving down my road where i live the odd time in a ferrari 360, being under 30 i wondered how he got to drove such a car(been driving it for over a year now). i think we all know the answer how...lol:rolleyes:

He had to pay 40k VRT on that Ferarri...shows how much spare cash he has hanging around

• Advertisement

and 10 grand in a fine i heard?? could be a loan also, lets face it no one wants to see their 130+grand car crushed over 40 grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Finally got to see it just now, thanks for the link, lomb

What a muppet, your man Fogarty :rolleyes:

Just give me an hour and I'll clock it back to 120,000 miles as I bought it from auction - no you can't see it now at the lower mileage as you saw yesterday...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

unkel wrote:
    Just give me an hour and I'll clock it back to 120,000 miles as I bought it from auction - no you can't see it now at the lower mileage as you saw yesterday...
    Yes but unless you did get new reg plates your car isn't worth a damn as everyone knows it is too dangerous to be on the roads! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Careful now! :)

Mike.

unkel wrote:
    Finally got to see it just now, thanks for the link, lomb

What a muppet, your man Fogarty :rolleyes:

well it would seem that michael fogartys has closed down on my way past it today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

So what was the rampant price fixing in the industry? Or was that just to get people in the door :p

As for the NCT, I failed mine because I had one brake light slightly dimmer than the other. I was told to get it fixed and come back. I told them to F off. Drove the car NCTless for 3 years. No problem getting road tax, no problem getting insurance, no problem going thru Garda check points and no problem trading the car in for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivan E

Yeah I am currently driving with no nct. Not intentionally, just bought the car a few weeks ago and its a UK import. It's due the nct at the end of the month but its a '99 and there's no nct disc on the car. Went through checkpoints with nothing asked.

As for that garage, noticed that myself. Since that programme was aired, its been opened and closed on and off. Wondering what was happening. But signs came down last week and its completely empty today. No cars at all.

Ivan E wrote:
    Y. No cars at all.
    will probably open under a new name somewhere in dublin, heres a name 'astro (nomical mileage )motor company' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats unfortunate for Fogarty as he's only one of many and of course you can imagine Pat 'n Mary saying 'well we'll not go there' and instead getting ripped off a mile down the road while thinking they were being careful as it happened!

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Thats unfortunate for Fogarty as he's only one of many and of course you can imagine Pat 'n Mary saying 'well we'll not go there' and instead getting ripped off a mile down the road while thinking they were being careful as it happened!

Mike.

LOL, i think uve said it very well:D

Advertisement