Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debugging Firefox extensions with Venkman

Options
  • 05-12-2005 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've been working on porting a FF extension I use over to 1.5, but I have been having a lot of difficulty getting the Venkman debugger to work right. Since its not really officially worked on at Mozilla, I have been using this version for FF 1.5.

My problem is this, in order to see the script for the Extension, I have to allow Venkman to see all the browser scripts. When I do this, it starts hitting breakpoints that I don't want it to inside in the browser scripts, including inside Venkman itself. Trying to pause the flow for debugging keeps throwing up the script for pausing the flow (hitting code inside button.xml)! Telling it to ignore methods inside that script is doing nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can work around this (preferably without having to go back to an older version), or know of an alternate JS debugger for FF that I won't have this problem with?

Advertisement