Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gazza Leaves Job

• 05-12-2005 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Gazza has left Kettering town FC after 4 weeks...

Looks like his commitment is as good as ever then:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Any reasons given for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

no reason just a rumor that he fell off the wagon....I stress this is a rumor!!! and not mine. From BBC 5Live

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Not surprising tbh. Supposedly he put some of his own money into Kettering and was therefor gonna be there for the long haul.

Yeah right Gazza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

He was sacked ! He aint happy about it either on sky sports now giving it socks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Apperently it became clear things weren't going to work out with Gazza realised he hadn't been offered the job manager of cattering :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Sarge wrote:
    He was sacked ! He aint happy about it either on sky sports now giving it socks
    He really can't string a sentence together. I still can't help but respect the passion with which he has for remaining in the game. I can only imagine he is a very hard man to work with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Apparently he hit the sauce again and was "under the influence" before games, training sessions etc.. Ah yes nothing like a six pack of dutch to the blood flowing..

Either way its keeping Kettering in the news and no doubt doing their attendances etc the world of good..

As for Gazza, it seems he'll never change. Such great talent affected by booze, and considering the last couple of wks its especially sad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Looks like he's lost the plot. Sounds like he was drunk when he gave the interview.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/4501572.stm
    Paul Gascoigne has denied claims from Kettering owner Imraan Ladak that his position as manager was made untenable because he had begun drinking again.
    Gascoigne, 38, was sacked on Monday but said he was actually axed because he would not run the team as Ladak wanted.

"I had a double brandy before one of the games, but it used to be four bottles of whiskey a day - it's not now," Gascoigne told Sky Sports News.

"I had a glass of wine after one game and told him to stay out of the team."

Ladak says he had no choice but to sack Gascoigne as manager because the former England star was "under the influence of alcohol" in the post.

Ladak told BBC Radio Five Live: "If you are a recovering alcoholic there is no reason to drink but Paul thinks it is okay.

"He feels I should have done more - but I have had conversations with him he can't remember because he was drunk."

Ladak believes the 38-year-old needs to get help before he considers returning to the game.

"I thought football was what he needed, but being a manager has pushed him the other way," added Ladak.

"Only Paul can help Paul. No friends or counsellor can do it for him and when he is ready to help himself he will.

"This is the most difficult decision I've had to make in my life. I would have loved to have sorted him out but I felt I would have been gambling with the club."

Gascoigne now says he wants to buy out Ladak's stake in the Poppies and move the club forward, despite Kevin Wilson's re-appointment as manager.

"He's not the chairman, he's Imraan the doctor," added Gascoigne. "I'm Paul Gascoigne and I take charge of this club.

"I'm a multi-millionnaire and I'm angry. I've tried to buy him out already. I told him it was the fans and Paul Gascoigne against a doctor - who will win?

"I know that the supporters, the players and the staff of Kettering Town are all behind me, not him.

"Two years ago I would have given in but not now. I'm a genius and I know what's going on on the football field."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

He is pissed in the SKy interview on SS news every 15 minutes.

He owns the club ;D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I've no sympathy for the guy. Anyone who deliberatly trys to dress and look like Harry Hill deserves a slap.

Harry = http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/2003/photos2005/0714/e_gascoigne_v.jpg

Gazza = http://designermagazine.tripod.com/HarryHillPIC1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Pigman II wrote:
    I've no sympathy for the guy. Anyone who deliberatly trys to dress and look like Harry Hill deserves a slap.

Harry = http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/2003/photos2005/0714/e_gascoigne_v.jpg

Gazza = http://designermagazine.tripod.com/HarryHillPIC1.jpg

good point:p

Advertisement