Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kameo : Elements of Power

• 05-12-2005 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I got this and Perfect Dark Zero with my Xbox 360 on Saturday... although I'm slightly regretting Perfect Dark Zero, I'm really enjoying Kameo.

It looks amazing... and I haven't even run it on HD yet. There is such a lovely solid feel to all the sprites and the backgrounds... and there are so many things happening on screen at once.

On the opening level the skies are completely full of dragons, and later on you have to charge through a massive army of trolls while on horse back. It's moments like this that really make you feel like you are using a Next Gen console.

It's a very enjoyable platformer and feels VERY Nintendo... clearly this might be due to it's original Gamecube roots.

There are supposed to be 11 different creatures that you can transform into... I've only gotten about 5 of them so far... but I find you tend to have to use the same ones for everything while others see very little use. But they all look great... I particularly like the fire breathing dragon and I love hunting submarines with the strange octopus form.

Oh.. and I do like looking at Kameo herself.. she's very easy on the eyes... although I wish they had found a better voice for her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Yeah heard good things about it, went onto IGN and had a look at the videos and it looks really good graphics wise. I think alot of people were put off by its kid like looks etc, I have a bid online at the moment to get it.

Have to say condemned is very good, alot of tension in the game and the graphics are great, got COD2 also, happy I got both games...my brother got perfect dark and is playing it on his HDTV and says it looks alot better for it...did not really get into it as he took it home.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i played this at the xbox launch nite and i gotta say this game is fantastic, only played the first level but i really enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got to the end of the Ice Temple last night... yeah I know... Ice Temples, Fire Temples, Water Temples all seems pretty tiresome at this stage.

But it was a great level. The boss is there for the whole level jumping around on the towers high above you trowing icles and summoning minions at you the whole time you are doing the level... She's this pretty cool looking giant ice spider... A little fustrating to fight one on one at the end of the level though... that's where I'm stuck.

I just wish there were more sections in the game set out on the battle field, the amount of trolls in the armies you go up against is unreal... If EA was inclined they could make a very impressive Lord of the Rings game for the Xbox 360.

Another thing that's great about this game is the orchestral score. It's very well done with some wonderful themes... although every now and then the music gets inexplicably sad... which can be a little jarring when you are in the middle of a battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I got to the end of the Ice Temple last night... yeah I know... Ice Temples, Fire Temples, Water Temples all seems pretty tiresome at this stage.

But it was a great level. The boss is there for the whole level jumping around on the towers high above you trowing icles and summoning minions at you the whole time you are doing the level... She's this pretty cool looking giant ice spider... A little fustrating to fight one on one at the end of the level though... that's where I'm stuck.

I just wish there were more sections in the game set out on the battle field, the amount of trolls in the armies you go up against is unreal... If EA was inclined they could make a very impressive Lord of the Rings game for the Xbox 360.

Another thing that's great about this game is the orchestral score. It's very well done with some wonderful themes... although every now and then the music gets inexplicably sad... which can be a little jarring when you are in the middle of a battle.

If you are still stuck, let me know, I'm back in Thorn's castle with all the Elementals. If you like the battles with thousands of Trolls, you've got a few nice spots coming up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

mcgovern wrote:
    If you are still stuck, let me know, I'm back in Thorn's castle with all the Elementals. If you like the battles with thousands of Trolls, you've got a few nice spots coming up :)
    Oh.. I know how to defeat her... it's just a bit of a pain as Chillah isn't very maneuverable.

I'll approach it fresh this evening and I should be able to deal with her no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

heh, thorns castle; brings back memories of having to input those damn test cases in MS' database.

Advertisement