Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help..

• 05-12-2005 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

i'm trying to stream music from the pc to the 360. downloaded media connect and the pc shows the 360 is connected. but the 360 cant find the computer. how can i get the 360 to connect to the pc? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Do you have a firewall up? I had to disable my firewall to get it to work, even allowing mediashare through.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭monster1

that could be the problem, going turning it off now. i cant connect to xbox live,dns problem. i cant do anything bout that can i? thanks

no that didn't work either. it done a test. and for ip address it failed. the windows media connect program is running and it has the 360 on it. i pressed dtart for folder sharing and all.

Are you connecting the Xbox Directly to hte PC or are you going through a router?

im connecting directly with the ethernet cable. am i supposed to use a different cable

• Advertisement

No I think it just means you'll have to give the xbox an IP on the network, if you were going through a router, (like I am) DCHP would sort this out for you. I think when you go to test connection on the xbox when it fails you will be able to change settings. What you need to do is assign an IP address for the PC and Xbox (192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 for example. And then test the connection.

right i'll try that

By any chance do i need the pc and the xbox connected to the internet at the same time?when the xbox is connected directly to the internet it confirms the ip address.but when its not, it fails.
    do i need a router? + i cant connect to xbox live because there is something wrong with the broadband as usuall (irish bb).

Nope you dont need to be connected for straming to work. At least I wouldnt think so, mines always online.

i'll figure it ou somehow. I better give it a rest for a while.
    thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

any updates on this? anyone got it working? im having exactly the same problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭ffocused

I got it working first time. Connected by ethernet cable while offline. no problems at all. are you running XP sp2 and did you get the xbox360 firmware upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

i'll try connect just using a standard hub as opposed to eircom router... not sure i got a firmware upgrade.. how do i know if i did or not....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Im also having this issue.
    Ive tried everything with no luck. No problem getting an IP etc. Have used fixed IPs and a crossover cable and still it wont connect.
    Anyone wanna buy a 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭ffocused

danbhala wrote:
    i'll try connect just using a standard hub as opposed to eircom router... not sure i got a firmware upgrade.. how do i know if i did or not....

When i registered for xbox live, i got an upgrade of some sort downloaded to the xbox. my Dashboard setting is 2.0.2241.0

Didn't get xbox live going yet at all. think it must be the broadband. its going awfull slow here. very annoying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Does the 360 have auto-MDIX support? If not, you need to connect your PC and 360 together with a cross over ethernet cable. Either that or connect both to your router.

Advertisement