Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas is...

Options
  • 05-12-2005 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

a time to flog really rotten records to the public. Yes, it's that time of year when the radio is awash with ads for the blandest music ever to buy as presents for people who can just about distinguish between music and a noise... but that's it.

What's the worst offender you have heard this season?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

a time to flog really rotten records to the public. Yes, it's that time of year when the radio is awash with ads for the blandest music ever to buy as presents for people who can just about distinguish between music and a noise... but that's it.

What's the worst offender you have heard this season?

Well.

Yesterday I was unfortunate enough to watch an ad for "Country Clubland" - it's a compilation of dance versions of country classics.

Nasty to the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

Dog rough. An excellent first call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cawo

Dustin. everything theres is to hate rolled up in one package.
    a dirty knacker PUPPET turkey novelty album PUPPET 'bling when you're mingi- aside from me having a problem with the words 'bling' and 'mingin'', makes no sense PUPPET he was annoying when i was a little kid and hes annoying now.

oh yeh and that black-eyed peas song. who writes a song about their own ass? tisnt even a real song!!!
    grr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

roxy wrote:
    Well.

Yesterday I was unfortunate enough to watch an ad for "Country Clubland" - it's a compilation of dance versions of country classics.

Nasty to the max.
    :D That's the first one that popped into my head too. They should fill the CD cases with some sort of chemical agent to take out whoever it is who buys them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That Irish club compilation: sadly not an exercise in irony. Includes "techno" versions of such already ghastly fare as A Woman's Heart, Ride On, Fields of Athenry etc. A Christmas compilation playing in my local chemist the other day was actually one of those supermarket compilations of well-known songs covered by unknowns that the listener's supposed to believe are the original artists. Some bloke doing Mistletoe and Wine trying to sound like Cliff... **shudder!** (once heard one of those compilations in Dunnes featuring The Prodigy's Firestarter - class!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

On the opposite end of the scale Lyric FM is constantly playing an ad for Liam Lawton's new album Time. They describe the music as "sentimental"... I call it torture. At least the clubby people have a cocktail of drugs to blame...

Kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Those bloody Celtic note ads with Larry Gogan

every five minutes

On the opposite end of the scale Lyric FM is constantly playing an ad for Liam Lawton's new album Time. They describe the music as "sentimental"... I call it torture. At least the clubby people have a cocktail of drugs to blame...

Kill me.
    I read that as Liam Lawlor and thought they were doing some Gift Grub/Dr. Bill style parody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

ThatBloke wrote:
    I read that as Liam Lawlor and thought they were doing some Gift Grub/Dr. Bill style parody

Ouch, too soon?

Remember Alan Alda's great line in Crimes and Misdemeanours - "Comedy equals tragedy plus time".

Well, yknow, yeah.

He'll be fair game in a month or so.

He was fair game a month back in certain papers :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Off topic, Lawlor is fair game now and forever for what he did, and although his family deserve sympathy, he deserves no mercy whatsoever:mad:

On topic, the Tommy Fleming album. Even the ad is more than enough to make my skin crawl.:rolleyes:

Advertisement