Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Kill me now" song....

Options
  • 05-12-2005 5:33pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

So everyone has one, the song that comes on that makes you want to jump infront of an out of control derailed Luas,
    the song that makes you want to jump from a plane and land on the city center spire,
    drink the liffey until your eyes roll into the back of your head...

Mine is the KidRock/Cheryl Crow song
    Called "picture" I htink?

I hate that song and think anyone who plays this on a jukebox in a pub should be tarred, feathered, beat and dragged through town on the back of a truck carrying pigs

its the one song that Ive actually left establishments when I haerd it played on the sound system...It just came on in my office because some jerk requested it. Hasnt this song played itself out yet?
    I want to rip out the vocal chords of kid rock and cheryl crow everytime I hear it and Im not quite sure why but I think it has something to do with the fact that everytime I am dragged to a karoke bar someone horrible gets up and sings it,
    gah.

so what is your "kill me now ' song?:v:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

shania twain - that dont impress me

only cuz shes the spawn of the devil

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

Robbie Williams - Trippin. Every time I hear it I feel like bursting my ear drums with a very sharp object.

Also anything by James Blunt - I wish he got sent to Iraq before he left the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

"Hey baby" and "Country roads". That shania twain one is f*ckin annoyin alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Anything by Celine Dion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Any Christmas song. They're all unreservedly rubbish. Fairy Tale Wotsit by that toothless alcoholic who's name I seem to have repressed is the main offender. Makes me want to hit people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Christmas Shoes. Heard it recently and made me laugh out loud. I read somewhere that it's the most depressing song ever written. Touche Salesman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

So everyone has one, the song that comes on that makes you want to jump infront of an out of control derailed Luas,
    the song that makes you want to jump from a plane and land on the city center spire,
    drink the liffey until your eyes roll into the back of your head...

Mine is the KidRock/Cheryl Crow song
    Called "picture" I htink?

I hate that song and think anyone who plays this on a jukebox in a pub should be tarred, feathered, beat and dragged through town on the back of a truck carrying pigs

its the one song that Ive actually left establishments when I haerd it played on the sound system...It just came on in my office because some jerk requested it. Hasnt this song played itself out yet?
    I want to rip out the vocal chords of kid rock and cheryl crow everytime I hear it and Im not quite sure why but I think it has something to do with the fact that everytime I am dragged to a karoke bar someone horrible gets up and sings it,
    gah.

so what is your "kill me now ' song?:v:

Ha ha they always play that song in the pub I drink in...it is fairly depressing alright!! Nice song if you dont really listen to the words :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Sugababes new one.. Ugly..

Christ.. It sounds like a child wrote it

Then again this time next week I'll probably love it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Killing me softly... Fugees.

Kill me quickly if it's played....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

fade2black wrote:
    Christmas Shoes. Heard it recently and made me laugh out loud. I read somewhere that it's the most depressing song ever written. Touche Salesman.

omg! thanks for reminding me, I knew I had another one!
    I could stab myself in the heart with a dull butterknife when I hear that one :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

There are nine million bicycle's in Bejing:mad:

Well hop on one love and keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Anything by Coldplay (new album) ,don't know name of album, nor do I want to.

They would depress a recent Lotto winner in a heartbeat.

Their songs are played over and over on the radio in work, as it is chewing gum for the masses, who also like that "Crazy F**king Frog", The X Factor and the Sun newspaper. . . . .YEuuKK!!

[Colplay = Poo in an Alleyway]

PS does anyone remember the lyrics to 'Life', by Desiree

"I'm afraid of the dark, 'specially when I'm in the park, I think theres a ghost, Oooohhh I'd like some toast" (lyrics may not be exactly correct)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Anything involving the crazy frog. Also most Christmas songs... more the people who love Christmas songs than the songs themselves make we want to kill myself. Oh and anything by the Black Eyed Peas. They're biblically bad. Especially that hump song. My god shut your f*cking mouths. To be fair their songs make me want to dedicate my life to killing them, rather than killing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Any type of chart dance pop song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Without a doubt anything tainted in the slightest by that stupid crazy frog. And to think there's an ALBUM.

For gods sake people, don't encourage this sort of thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Working 9 to 5, by that country woman, cant remember her name?
    Heard it in a pub and i cringed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Sparky_S wrote:
    Working 9 to 5, by that country woman, cant remember her name?
    Heard it in a pub and i cringed.

Nonsense. That tune was sent to us by the musical gods. Dolly Parton BTW

fade2black wrote:
    Nonsense. That tune was sent to us by the musical gods. Dolly Parton BTW

yes thats her, i dont like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Anything by Avril Lavigne and the aural abortion that is James Blunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

any song that is listed on irish clubland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Simply the Best by Tina Turner

NO IT'S F***ING NOT!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

50 Cent:mad: , I swear next time I hear anything of his I think I might just jump out the window. U2 also(I know I'm probably one of the few people that don't like them, Bono just annoys the crap out of me:mad: )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Majority of dance songs with squeaky lyrics. It bugs the hell out of me. Most are remixes of old songs. They make me cringe. Britney and co also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

That Tractor song that gets played every now and again on 2fm in the mornings. I heard it twice in one morning, I think. Actually maybe the first one was a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

"Dontcha Wish" by them Pussycat Dolls.

Something about that song flips a switch in my head that makes me go "Crush, kill destroy..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Anything by Aslan. Also,U2 "Vertigo" and Kylie Minogue "Can't get you outta my head". There are so many more.....

Oh yeah,that "Amerillo" song. *Shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

anything by those craic-whores who have called themselves "The cheeky girls"

well havnt heard it for a good while (which is good)

But anything by the vengaboys.

"The vengabus is coming, and everybody jumpin"

Ahhhh, i wish i didnt think of those lyrics, ahhhh its stuck now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Piste wrote:
    "Dontcha Wish" by them Pussycat Dolls.

Something about that song flips a switch in my head that makes me go "Crush, kill destroy..."

Totally agree.

I really want to hit people who sing it with a mallet until only a bloody pulpish mess remains.

It's particularly bad when ugly people sing a line that goes something like "dontcha wish you were hot like me". But then maybe that stems from a dislike of ugly people too. Who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Oh there is not enough time to list them all but let me put down a few:

Anything by: 50cent, The game, DMX, Ja Rule, Westlife, ALL Club/dance songs....
    All these manufactured rappers should be taken out the back and have there tongues pulled out, 50cent should not have made it out the ghetto!

Crisis, this list could go on and on :o .

Advertisement