Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Kill me now" song....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

"The fast food song" the fast food rockers If i ever find them i will kill them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Everything by Paddy Casey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Westlife's current dirge makes James Blunt sound bearable by comparison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

PS does anyone remember the lyrics to 'Life', by Desiree

"I'm afraid of the dark, 'specially when I'm in the park, I think theres a ghost, Oooohhh I'd like some toast" (lyrics may not be exactly correct)

I actually quite like her-nice optomistic songs that you can hum along too
    Lyrics are:
    I'm afraid of the dark
    specially when im in the park
    and theres no one else around
    oh i get the shivers

I dont want to see a ghost
    Its the sight that i fear the most
    rather eat a piece of toast
    and watch the evening news

What inspired lyrics!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh just remembered that milkshake song and boybands :anger:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Anything to do with the pan-pipes. Arrrrrgggggg

I feel your pain. Whenever I hear those b*st*rd buskers with the pan-pies on Grafton Street I have an overwhelming urge to shove them up the player's arse. Wide end first.

McCartney "Wonderful Christmastime"
    god you must be grumpy... thats a great christmas tune, always makes me smile:)

I worked in Dunnes for two consecutive Christmases. The same tape, every hour or so, for 8-10 hours a day, every day for about six weeks each year. This song, more than any of the others on the tape imprinted itself on my brain. Even a snippet of it is enough to turn me homicidal. How could a man that co-wrote so many great songs inflict this crap on us?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Kaiser Chiefs in general...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Footloose...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

oh god so many....

anything by Zoo...especially their version of Poison...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Ive seen a few people list song #3 on my list of "go to hell and take that song with you" songs...

Lift/raise me up by westlife and Josh Grobin
    When I hear that song I want to take a redhot poker off a fire and shove it up my nose and scramble my brains around a bit and rip them out through my nose.

Thanks...I now have my Top 3 Kill me now songs.

#1 ... 'Picture' by kidrock/cheryl crow
    #2...' The christmas Shoes' by some depressed country singer
    #3... 'Raise/Lift me up' by more than one singer who should be shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Anyone who disagrees with No. 2 or who has never heard it....

Go listen now but do so in a padded room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

absofu(kinlutely ANYTHING by the cheeky girls!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 flanger20002003

Hearing just about anything by these cretins is about enough to make me want to have a stroke and a heart attack simultaneously...honestly, how can anyone in their right mind listen to it and not want to throw themselves off a high cliff onto jagged rocks and broken beer bottles on the beach below?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Dunno Flanger, I just don't know.

Anyone remember "Insania" by Peter Andre, that <sarcasm> superhunk.

L. M. A. O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SpittingImage

Hearing just about anything by these cretins is about enough to make me want to have a stroke and a heart attack simultaneously...honestly, how can anyone in their right mind listen to it and not want to throw themselves off a high cliff onto jagged rocks and broken beer bottles on the beach below?!
    I disagree, it is music, it may lack creativity and is very dull and dreary, but it is not annoying and you have gone way too far over the top with that reaction, possibly showing an ignorance for music and just taking the 'popular' line.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's hard to tell where the popular line actually is with Westlife. There are million that love them and buy their CDs, and equally there are millions of people who like music and despise them. It's hard to tell which there are more of. But to say that someone slagging them off shows an ignorance of music is just wrong. If he slagged off a serious musician you might have a point, but Westlife have as much in common with serious musicians as I do with brain surgeons. The thing about them I want to know is how do they not bore themselves sh*tless with the same song over and over?

zaph wrote:
    It's hard to tell where the popular line actually is with Westlife. There are million that love them and buy their CDs, and equally there are millions of people who like music and despise them. It's hard to tell which there are more of. But to say that someone slagging them off shows an ignorance of music is just wrong. If he slagged off a serious musician you might have a point, but Westlife have as much in common with serious musicians as I do with brain surgeons. The thing about them I want to know is how do they not bore themselves sh*tless with the same song over and over?
    It's not the fact that he slagged them off, it's the whole 'how can anybody who listens to them not commit suicide' line that annoys me. Yes, Westlife deserve to be slagged but to say something like that is to admit that you believe you have a superiority complex over their many listeners.

It's not the fact that he slagged them off, it's the whole 'how can anybody who listens to them not commit suicide' line that annoys me. .
    FFS SpittingImage,
    hate to be the one to point this out to you but, :rolleyes:
    have you read the title of this thread?
    no? well...take another look ,
    then if you dont mind take a look at the original post.
    The point of this thread is to post songs that make you want to kill yourself in horrible mind numbing ways....
    If you had a song Im sure it would make me want take a piece of lit dynamite and shove inside my ears till my eardrums were blown away just from the mere fact that you completely missed the point of the thread!
    havnt had a good rant in awhile, thanks ;)

FFS SpittingImage,
    hate to be the one to point this out to you but, :rolleyes:
    have you read the title of this thread?
    no? well...take another look ,
    then if you dont mind take a look at the original post.
    The point of this thread is to post songs that make you want to kill yourself in horrible mind numbing ways....
    If you had a song Im sure it would make me want take a piece of lit dynamite and shove inside my ears till my eardrums were blown away just from the mere fact that you completely missed the point of the thread!
    havnt had a good rant in awhile, thanks ;)
    Apologies, you're quite right, i didn't bother reading the OP, i shall in future, don't want a bollocking like that again.

hehehe np :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

anything by the Corrs just makes me want to take a hammer to the sound system...

also anything by the Mavericks, Coldplay, Girls Aloud etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

The Mavericks lol...

# Just want to dance the niiight awaaay,
    with senioritas who caan swaaay #

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Stop the presses...

Savage Garden have a song called Two beds a coffee machine....

It may well come with a wet sail and steal this competition from under the noses of Christmas shoes, cheeky girls and the Josh Groban and Sheryl Crows out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

fade2black wrote:
    Stop the presses...

Savage Garden have a song called Two beds a coffee machine....

It may well come with a wet sail and steal this competition from under the noses of Christmas shoes, cheeky girls and the Josh Groban and Sheryl Crows out there...
    I know a girl who sang that song for her Leaving Cert music practical

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Most stuff by U2 as well. Mainly because of Bono - at least Bob Geldof doesnt bother us with his music as explicitly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

ronan keating - you say it best. i just want to kill him. ITS PRONOUNCED 'SMILE' NOT 'SCHMILE' YOU MUPPET!!!!

oh and that new raise you up westlife song - good god could it be a more blatant rip off of hero???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

It means "Please ejaculate in my vagina".

Yeah but it's the guy who sings that part... unless he has one too. :confused:

oh and that new raise you up westlife song - good god could it be a more blatant rip off of hero???

I don't think so, they covered it from someone else. Somebody told me it's actually a hymn?
    Anyone know is that true?

Also my number 1 Kill song of all time is now Coldplay "Fix you"
    I just want to beat myself to death when I hear it makes me want to rip off all my skin and stamp on it
    I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Most stuff by U2 as well. Mainly because of Bono - at least Bob Geldof doesnt bother us with his music as explicitly.
    Listen to Red Hill Mining Town, that will change your mind about U2, maybe you've only heard their 21st century drivel but hark back to The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby, two of the greatest albums ever made by an irish group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 flanger20002003

Here Here spitting image, The Joshua Tree is an absolute masterstroke! Especially that whole little spoken bit in the middle of Bullet the Blue Sky...And hey, ya gotta love Running to Stand Still aswell. Sorry, I know this is off the point of the thread....how about anything by Atomic Kitten? About as much fun as excreting sheet glass, methinks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

PS does anyone remember the lyrics to 'Life', by Desiree

"I'm afraid of the dark, 'specially when I'm in the park, I think theres a ghost, Oooohhh I'd like some toast" (lyrics may not be exactly correct)

I believe 'twas:
    "I hope I never see a ghost,
    it's the thing that I fear most,
    I'd rather have a piece of toast,
    And watch the Evening News"

Lyrical dexterity worthy of the statue of Molly Molone.

My personal hate song = 'You Make Me Wanna LaLa' ...

Advertisement