Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 scratches discs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Alvis wrote:
    http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/video/Xbox-360-Scratch-Disks3.wmv

Can someone please clarify whether this video is for real or not? :eek:

you cant be serious? of course it's real, if your dumb enough to do that with a piece of tech equipment, with a disc spining inside it at a huge RPM, what do you expect?!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

But I mean like.. with all the money Microsoft put into R&D I'm sure they would have ironed out all these things...

And besides someone would easily knock over their Xbox 360 onto its side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭monster1

video looks a bit dodgy. after he left the xbox down it sort of skipped like it was edited.if it showed him taking the cd out straight away after leaving the xbox back on the table without doing that i would believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I agree with Grumpy, totally stupid. Why the hell would you move it while its on anyway !!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

K-TRIC, some people can actually be that stupid. Especially all the little spolit kids that would be getting it over christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Alvis wrote:
    And besides someone would easily knock over their Xbox 360 onto its side too.
    Someone could easily put their hand on a hot stove, but they should know better...

Any such lazer device should be treated properly... if you don't, you get adverse effects.

Simple as...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

i suppose people whould be shocked if they turned there stereo upside down, and back over, while playing a cd, that it got scratched? .... it;s just common sence people! and considering the 360 games are €70+ it's even more of a bad idea to turn it down, and back up vertically again :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Ofc its real... The exact same thing happened to me with my xp cd in my pc.
    Quite annoying I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

erm sry but y the hell did u turn ur pc upside down :P... only messin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You guys are one seriously arrogant bunch!
    A mate got a game ruined simply moving the machine around to plug in a cable while the disk was inside, you don't have to flip the thing around at all, and in a machine that presents the ability to be played in a horizontal and vertical configuration, you would then assume that you wouldn't screw a game inside it at the time.
    Apparently the problem is very widespread, several people have gone back with damaged disks to a gamestore I know and in the states MS are refusing the replace them saying, the warnings in the manual and you didn't read it so we are not liable.
    Sounds like another example of MS screwing up the design of a console, after forgetting to put a clock battery in the first xbox and trying to convince everyone later it was a design decision!
    Don't remember the PS2 chewing up your spinning media when you turned it from horizontal to vertical or vice versa!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The only thing that would sort this issue is actually putting a tray in with the laser attached, It's quite possible to do, might cost more to manufacturer though. If you have a top loading cd player at home , open the lid and see what I mean, there's a spindle in the center to hold the disk, i think this is common on all portable disk playing devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Our own Kerbdog reported this problem on day 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭dave oc

Actually the ps2 has the same problem when playing any disc. Anyone who moves their 360 while playing a game is an idiot and can only stand to suffer the consequences. The 360 should be kept in a reasonably safe and stable place so it cant fall and so young kids can't be moving it around anyway. Honestly, would you pick up your dvd player when its playing a disc and turn it on its side, or your stereo, so why do it with your 360? Just turn off the console first!

Advertisement