Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling advice please

Options
  • 05-12-2005 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

We've decided to tile our hallway (8' wide) as we're in the country and wooden floors mightn't be the best option due to abuse, stones, etc. The house will have mainly oak/cream tones so can anyone suggest what sort of tiles/colours would look good in the hall, we would like it to look 'warm' but not too bland ...
    The stairs in the hall will be red deal, skirting is white deal.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

A Plain cream porcelin tile might suit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

A Plain cream porcelin tile might suit
    And a pair of ice skates too if you are putting porcelain tiles in the hallway :p

Very slippy when wet...

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

I'm in the process of putting down porcelain tiles in my kitchen but they're rough-set, giving them good grip. I reckon they're a good choice in a hallway as they're very strong and aparrently very hard wearing....

FBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

We bought 16" glazed porcelain tiles for kitchen and hall. I suppose they're beige with a kind of "mix" effect in them, i.e. they're not plain.

Anyway, when it comes to laying them, we're a bit undecided about whether to lay them square-on or in a brick effect.

I know it's a personal thing, but all advice welcome. We don't have much open floor space in our tile or kitchen, so the tiler figured square-on would be better, although we had thought that brick effect would look a bit nicer.

Anyway, if you've been through this, we'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I think with the bigger tiles, square on looks more modern..
    We are doing kitchen/dining room in 45mm square tiles and have pretty much decided on square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Teracotta ??

Advertisement