Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christy Hemme released from WWE

• 05-12-2005 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

WWE and Diva Christy Hemme have come to terms on her release. WWE.com will have more details as they become available.

Note: This comes just after Christy posted a message on her website stating that she was training in Louisville with OVW. They shot a major angle last week during the show so it appears something happened within the last few days.

Credit: Wrestling Exposed.

Well done WWE. Get rid of the one Diva Search girl that actually had potential. I don't get this at all. There was reports as early as last night, saying that Christy was going to OVW to learn more wrestling skills. There's a lot more to this then we know right now.

Still, it sucks. There's nobody on the Sd roster for Melina and Jillian Hall to feud with now. The only ones in the developments are Michelle Mc Boring and this years Diva Search rejects. What little women's divison Sd had was nice while it lasted.

Anyways, best of luck to Christy I guess. Perhaps she'll be brought in as part of TNA's new womens division.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Dammit. She was very easy on the eyes. She didn't have that "made of plastic" look, even though she probably was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This is a surprising one. I'd love to know what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

I wonder, I seriously doubt that it could have happened but maybe she fell victim to the new drug testing policy. Probably a simple reason but no doubt there will be many rumours flying around in the next few days. It's a pity I thought she had potential(and it wasn't too hard to look at her either:rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hass

Mabye she was released because she wanted to learn to wrestle !

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Yeah, maybe she was seen as a potential future threat to Trishhh You know? The so called best women's wrestler ever? Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I wonder, I seriously doubt that it could have happened but maybe she fell victim to the new drug testing policy. Probably a simple reason but no doubt there will be many rumours flying around in the next few days. It's a pity I thought she had potential(and it was too hard to look at her either:rolleyes: )

I would be surprised if they have the new drug testing implemented already.

Lets face if folks, this is the world of wrestling, could just of easily have been a back stage "incident" that led to this, maybe a bit of harassment from other wrestlers, male or female.

Either way, i doubt we will know for a while, if she "came to terms" about leaving it most likely means she is agreeing to keep hush,,, for now.

Christy failing a drug test isn't likely imo. As far as any problems backstage, I heard she was very well liked by everyone. On the other hand there have been girls basically forced out before, so I just don't know. We'll have to wait and see what happens when the truth hopefully comes out I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah probably forced out cause they had ideas she didnt like. Such a waste of potenial as well. I hope they send that other Diva winner to OVW for training soon cause she sux.

Also speakin of Divas, i thought torrie wilson was released. She was out for a while but she was back last week on RAW?

Torrie was dealing with personal martial problems for a few weeks there. Hopefully they're all sorted now. She was never fired.

As for Ashley Massaro? Or Trashley as I like to call her, I agree with you there. But she'll most likely stick around on TV until after the next Diva search then be released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Why did they have to release Christy!! She was the only Diva Search participant who had any potential and had her own personality....unlike Ashley.

Smackdown only have Melina, Jillian and Stacy (who is gonna probably not gonna be there very much as she will be filming and promoting!) As for McCool, she is actually supposed to be a good wrestler, but she is on Raw. WWE need to bring some female wrestlers up from OWV and DSW!

• Advertisement

Michelle isn't on Raw. There's rumours she may be brought back to Raw. There's also rumours that Stephanie doesn't like her. So she may be the next to go.

As for the developments, as I stated the only ones there are Diva Search losers. There's supposed to be one girl with a good character, but she's very new.

So for the future women's division, WWE will have to take the inititave and hire some good women's wrestlers from the indies. Though, the fact that a promising woman that actually wanted to become a better wrestler was released isn't a promising sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

am i the only one not bothered by this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Depends on whether you're male or female?
    Mossy Monk wrote:
    am i the only one not bothered by this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

WWE have got quite a few women wrestlers signed to development deals. I personally hope they bring Angel Williams up from DSW. I've heard great things about her from her days on the indy scene, plus she has the look (ie she's hot). She seems to be the cream of the crop among the women developmental wrestlers and would be the most obvious choice to fill the void in the womens division on smackdown.

I've also heard good things about Beth Phoenix in OVW reviews- some of you may remember her as the nurse in the JR colon surgery angle with Vince. She has been wrestling in OVW a while now, but has only recently been given a developmental contract: she is considered to be too big by WWE (which i think is a bit harsh!). She could also be given a chance in WWE soon enough given her experience.

The Diva Search loser that Lita Forever was refering to is Elizabath Rouffaer. I dont think we'll be seeing her for a while as she has only started training in OVW. Hopefully they will wait til she is ready before putting her on raw or sd.

Theres also Shelly Martinez, who wrestled as Desire in the indies who is a developmental wrestler in OVW. Michelle McCool is wrestling in DSW and i would imagine has a long way to go before she's ready. Maria is aslo competing in OVW.

I've also heard that Trinity is training in OVW as well (i would deinintely like to see her on WWE TV: she can wrestle and is very easy on the eye), and that WWE are considering signing a UK wrestler called Nikita.

Perhaps WWE sees more potential in their developmental women wrestlers than they see in Christy Hemme...Still, Cristy could have still had a place on TV as a non-wrestling Diva. Id imagine some sort of huge falling out in the last week was the real reason for Hemme being released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jerryadams wrote:
    Depends on whether you're male or female?
    i am male, should i be bothered now?

i got fed up of the skipping to the ring every week. what did she ever do that was amazing/important. she was just eye candy like Torrie Wilson (i wish they got rid of her too tbh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I gave up on the womens division after they released Jacqueline, and let Molly Holly go, now there was a pair of women!

Oh right, I do know Beth Phoenix, had forgotten she'd signed. She is very promising but something tells me she won't get far in WWE.

I heard Trinity had one tryout while back as did Nikitia. I haven't heard anything about them since. As for Maria, Michelle etc,well we don't know how good or bad they're going to be. They're unknown quantities.

Btw, Elizabeth isn't the only Diva Search girl, Kristal and Leyla have contracts too.
    what did she ever do that was amazing/important.

She had a passable match with Trish at Wrestle Mania 20. True the match wasn't great by any means, but I've seen worse efforts by better wrestlers.
    Also, Christy actually showed a willingness to wrestle when she could easily have gotten by on T&A alone.
    I gave up on the womens division after they released Jacqueline, and let Molly Holly go, now there was a pair of women!

It was Molly's decision to leave due to personal problems nothing to do with the business. She was a great los though.

Jacqueline was a good worker at one time. The fact is though, she wasn't over in the slightest. She barely got a reaction in her hometown of Dallas Texas. Long story short, the girl couldn't get a pop out of a Pringle can.

Long story short, the girl couldn't get a pop out of a Pringle can.

Burn, I like it!!!!

Btw, Elizabeth isn't the only Diva Search girl, Kristal and Leyla have contracts too.

Fair enough. I didnt even know the other 2 existed as i didnt see any of this years diva search (was away for the summer). The only reason ive heard of Elizabeth is because i read that when she started, some of the heads in OVW were impressed by her determination and work ethic to suceed in spite of not having a clue about wrestling. Also, her profile is up on http://www.gerweck.net/wwetalent.htm

I would defininely like to see WWE put a bit more focus on womens wrestling (more focus on the tag team division as well while im at it): they should really have competitive womens divisions on both shows. Less of this Diva rubbish: lets see more wrestling!

I hope they do bring some of the females from OVW and DSW soon, they are needed if they ever wanna have women's matches on Smackdown!!

As for McCool, yes Stephanie doesn't like her and is trying to get McCool to lose her southern accent. I heard that her wrestling skills have really improved.

Beth Phoenix (some may also know her as Master's girlfriend) only got a developement deal recently as she had lost some weight, but some are saying she won't be seen on WWE television if she doesn't lose more weight to look more like the current Divas!

If they would lose Maria's stupid act then she could compete as a serious wrestler, as she is actually quite good! Likewise with Jillian, that girl can wrestle....if only they'd get rid of the stupid 'face blemish' storyline!

• Advertisement

The simple and unfortunate fact is that the WWF/WWE , hell, really the whole world of wrestling outside Japan strangely enough, has always seen the womens athletes as being a low tier of the business.

WWE has always used women pretty much as TNA ( with one or two exceptions of course ), as shown repeatedly by embarrasing story lines and in ring bull****. However, the girls hang in there and do what they do to get paid, plain and simple. There are many extremely talented female wrestlers out there and hopefully ( amid all the attempts to stop WWE from stagnating that keep failing ) they will reaslise that.

Beth Phoenix (some may also know her as Master's girlfriend)

I think that was just a gimmick for OVW. On the below link, it says shes married to some dude called Joey Carolan.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/p/phoenix.html

I must point out that the photos they have of her on that site are not the may west: i've seen ones where she looks far more attractive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

Well here's some positive news for the women's division:

The WWE Women's Championship will be defended on both Raw and Smackdown soon as a throwback to when the brand split first started. This move will freshen things up a bit in the women's division as there's only so many times Trish can wrestle Victoria. Also, officials would like to continue the Trish/Melina feud.

Credit: Wrestling Exposed

I really really hope this happens. It will encourage WWE to increase Sd's women's division. It'll just be a good thing for women's wrestling all round.

I'm even more sorry Christy left now though, a feud between her and Lita for the title would have been awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Good or a sign of the desperate state of the women's division on Smackdown?

A little bit of both. If this rumour is true, then at least they see the title as somewhat important and they're attempting to rectify it's problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

from the same page as the christy hemme news:
    Tajiri requested his release from WWE after signing a new three year deal several weeks ago. He was burnt out from the travel and also wanted to spend time with his wife who was having password issues getting into the United States. As noted yesterday, he will have a no compete clause of 90 days. There are no bad feelings between the two sides.

the password is clitoris.

Got this over a top-rope.com:

It looks like Beth Phoenix and Shelly Martinez are being called up to the main roster. WWE.com has posted the Smackdown house show lineup for December 28, 2005 at the Jamestown Savings Bank Ice Arena in Jamestown, New York and it notes that Beth and Shelly are scheduled to appear. It reads "Matt Hardy vs. Idol Stevens w/ Beth & Shelly." Apparently, Beth and Shelly will be valets for Idol Stevens (Aaron Stevens), who is being called up as well. All three are listed to appear on the next three Smackdown house shows that take place after the Jamestown one. Stevens is scheduled to wrestler Matt Hardy one more time and The Boogeyman two times.

Advertisement