Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not sure if right spot for html codes...

Options
  • 05-12-2005 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Right firstly I'm sure this is in the wrong place...however mods feel free to move it to wherever it would be most appropriate.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to find a html code for writting like this.... ?

http://www.capstonebooks.com/orig/images/heb1sm4.jpg

Or any type of "gothic" (ie grr dark and evil writting:) ) typeface...?

Just looking for something different to make a page look a lil scary/kinky, help much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

Hi Alana :)

Problem with html code and typefaces (fonts) is that all the html can do is call up the already installed fonts on the clients system.

So if you use something rare like the 16th centuary Gothic font that you posted then the vast majority of users will not see the page as you intended. Their browsers will take the text, fail to locate the font specified and use the system default - usually Courier, Times NR or Georgia (my favourite).

CSS (cascading style sheets) can help a little here with their ability to specify a (cascading) preference for the font used. If the browser can't find the first font specified by you then it will try the next, the next, the next and so on until it can't find any of them and uses it's default.

Might be able to do something with Macromedia Flash or an Java applet but then your into a whole other world of pain (from workload, browser support, search engine crawling etc).

Post/tell me the URL of your website when it's made, I'm interested :)

see you in work tomorrow :)

b

Advertisement