Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speeds

• 05-12-2005 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭

I've wireless broadband in wexford and was just wondering is it common/normal for my upload speed to be quicker than my download?

Download:431.84 kbps
    Upload:1273.92 kbps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Hi,
    This is standard enough as most of the users on the same base station will also be downloading the majority of the time.
    Q - Who is your provider and where is their base station?
    thegills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Right, I suppose that would make sense.

The provider is south east wan, If you mean by base station their broadcast arial, I get it from the one they have on white mountain. It serves ross and surrounding area's.

Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Have they already upgraded the exchanges for the increased speeds already? My router tells me I'm on a 2mb down 128k up line but on irishisptest.com I get 700K Down and 103K up (i.e 1mb speeds). Is the exchange updated and they are just restricting us?

Advertisement