Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maniche to Leave Russia?

• 05-12-2005 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

From Skysports.com

Dinamo Moscow coach Yuri Semin has admitted he will not keep Nuno Maniche if he wants to leave Russia.

Maniche has been unsettled since he moved to Moscow from Porto earlier this summer and the likes of Manchester United and Atletico Madrid have been alerted to his situation.

Now the Russian season has come to an end, Maniche is desperate for a move and his wish looks set to be granted.

"The question of Maniche is still without an answer," Semin told Sport Express.

"Only players who want to play for Dinamo will stay, like Derlei and Costinha. They are happy to play for Dinamo, they are ready for the battles.

"They both understand what it takes, at first they thought the Russian championship was very easy - in reality it's very hard - harder than the Portuguese.

"There are not many players who can adapt to play in Russia."

Maniche is now hoping that a deal can be struck in January, with United and Atletico currently believed tobe leading the chase for his signature - although a host of top European clubs are understood to be considering a move.

Only question is whether or not United and Ferguson want him? I personally think he is a fine footballer and would be a very good addition to the United squad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Arsenal were heavily linked with him in the Summer of 2004 when Vieira was expected to go to Real Madrid but made a last minute U-turn. If Maniche becomes available I wouldn't be suprised to see Arsenal enter the bidding considering the state of their central midfield at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Maniche is a very good player but I'm sure man Utd wouldnt be interested in him as he is too good a player.
    They will prob end up buying some bargain bin player or Ferguson may in his insanity think Fletcher is the answer to the midfield problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

I was very impressed with him at Euro 2004, perhaps Portugal's best player in the tournament. I would love to see him at Old Trafford. Aged 27, he's not got that many years in him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

At 27 you're looking at him playing till he is 32 at least. So that's a good 5 years and certain mid-fielders have played beyond that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

OTliddy wrote:
    I was very impressed with him at Euro 2004, perhaps Portugal's best player in the tournament. I would love to see him at Old Trafford. Aged 27, he's not got that many years in him though.

He will be just hitting his peak though and i think he would be a good signing for united

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

27 is hardly over the hill. united need experience in the midfield. i would love to see him at united but i really dont know who or what they are going to sign this january, if anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OTliddy wrote:
    I would love to see him at Old Trafford. Aged 27, he's not got that many years in him though.

I think a MR E Sheringham, London , England. Might disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Would be a good buy - form waht I remember of him hes a tidy player good passer - not spectacular but solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I assume he is a bit of a mercanary if he went to Russia?

How good is he? Like in comparision to someone.
    Is he Deco good? Is he Graveson good? Is he Ronaldinho good? Or is he Danny Murphy good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

PHB wrote:
    I assume he is a bit of a mercanary if he went to Russia?

Think Porto wanted to sell him more than he wanted to go. They where offered huge money for him. Also I would say his wages are huge
    PHB wrote:
    How good is he? Like in comparision to someone.
    Is he Deco good? Is he Graveson good? Is he Ronaldinho good? Or is he Danny Murphy good :)

Not Ronaldinho good. But I would say better than Graveson. Would be a decent midfield player for Utd. Better than the options they have at moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

from what i've seen in euro 2004 and against United i'd say he'd be Scott Parker good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

I think hes a Pirlo type of player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

He's a good player but the thing I would question is his temperment. He has basically bottled it in Russia, admittedly it's tough there but you dont hear costinha moaning on like this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Maniche has a bit of a history for being a bit of a handful to deal with.

That said he was outstanding for Porto and then Portugal in 2004 and could probably be acquired at a reasonable price (about £8m?), and would probably be worth the risk for either United or Arsenal. Excellent player on his day.

Advertisement