Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime

Options
  • 05-12-2005 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

I was just wondereing what peoples opinions are on the crime around the city and county. Does anyone feel it has gotten progressively worse over the past few years? And consequently are the local Gardai doing enough around the town?
    Personally I feel it has gotten worse in the the town, especially at weekends. However, this is not limited to the increasing amount of drink fuelled public order offences, as there appears to be more and more burglaries and thefts.
    Or maybe I'm paranoid, and Kilkenny is just as bad as any other town its size.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There seems to be a spate of burglaries going on in town at the moment, keep hearing about them every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

yes...The Cat Burglar!!! he's broken into about 6 houses in my estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Crime and burglaries are up big time in kilkenny. Not enough gardai in town.
    you hear so much about "what happened last weekend" but not all of it gets printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

These things tend to run in cycles of a few months. Car break-ins appear to be on the up as well. The Gardai are aware of who is involved, so hopefully its just a matter of time until they are nicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DarkHorse1

The Gardai collect lots of information and store it. They know a lot more that most people think. It can take a lot of evidence to reach a prosecution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

If someone has date that shows an increase in crime, then I'll agree that there's been an increase in crime.If people are going on nothing but anecdotes, then I'll hold my judgement.I've never thought of Kilkenny as having a problem with crime, and I think people sometimes like to exaggerate the crime that the city does experience. If you go to the Dublin forum, you'd swear walking down O'Connell St was akin to walking through downtown Kabul!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

In my 3 years living in KK i havent seen a single incident i must be wearing blinkers. I have heard of things happening but never came across anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Zombie thread

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Back to your grave zombie thread.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement