Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL with Netgearb DG834G (wireless adsl router)

Options
  • 05-12-2005 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Folks,

I switched from Clicksilver to NTL and thought I could use my old Netgear DG834G (wireless adsl router). I haven't been able to get it working. I've searched quite a bit on google and found many queries but no answers.

Is this possible?

I disabled the DHCP on the Netgear router and plugged the network cable from the cable modem into the router but no joy.

Do I need to buy a wireless access point?

Thanks in advance,

Dopey
    p.s. Before somebody tries to shoot me for cross posting, I posted this in the broadband forum and realised that it was the wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

Yes, been there done that.

The ADSL router won't work. You will need a wireless access point.

Just plug your ethernet from the NTL modem into the router.

I have a belkin wireless router with my ntl system,

Here is the link
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1579151,00.asp

Its an old type but I have been using NTL since the start.

I am sure you can get faster routers.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Unless the DG834G can have seperate wireless settings then the main settings you are out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

Thanks for the resonses folks. I'm bidding on ebay for another Netgear router . Will try and sell the dg834g on there too.

Cheers,

Dopey

Advertisement