Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Headset

• 05-12-2005 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Just curious about a few things, I haven't got one yet since I got the core pack and it's certainly not hurting PGR3 online not having one but I guess team games will require it.

I was just wondering though, when I play without it I hear other people speaking through my TV speakers, and it's horribly distorted and muffled to the extent that I barely pick up a word here and there of what's being said. So is it that bad through the headset or is something lost in the translation to TV screen?

Also, when you have the headset on is all sound redirected to it, or does the tv provide sound effects while the headset provides chatter? I assume the tv doesn't still play what other people are saying.

Another thing I've noticed is that there doesn't seem to be any way of knowing who's talking. In a race earlier someone was singing and screaming through the entire thing, and there's functions to report that kind of thing, but it's not much use when there's 8 people in the race and you don't know which one was doing it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

-no when you have a head set it sounds crisp enough depending on connection.

-when headset is plugged into controller you hear speech through that and tv speakers operate normally without speech

-there is now way of telling who is speaking , which is stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

When I'm racing I'm constantly getting people screaming and making loud, annoying noises over their headsets. Plus, it nearly always seems to be the French players that do it.........

Advertisement