Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 RF ammo help please

Options
  • 05-12-2005 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering does anyone know anything about the different bullet diameters offered by Lapua in their high end target ammo and I think eley tenex have 2 diameters as well

Lapua Master and Midas come with different diameters and my rifle is new so would the smaller diameter be better?

I can't really do tests on both as I have to buy it in bulk.

Anyone shed any light on Lapua or Tenex?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

If you visit http://www.lapua.com

scroll down it gives the size of the rounds .

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Hi mate, I know what the sizes are, I was wondering if anyone knew which of the sizes would be best for my rifle, without testing both diameters.

I'm shooting a new 2013 action by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Why not invest in a couple of boxes of each and do a test ,

Either that or arrange to send your rifle to the Lapua factory to have it batch tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

demonloop wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering does anyone know anything about the different bullet diameters offered by Lapua in their high end target ammo and I think eley tenex have 2 diameters as well
    Lapua Master and Midas come with different diameters and my rifle is new so would the smaller diameter be better?
    I can't really do tests on both as I have to buy it in bulk.
    Anyone shed any light on Lapua or Tenex?
    What I was always told was that the Lapua lines of Midas M that didn't pass muster became Multimatch (now Master M) and those of Midas L became Master (now Master L). Doesn't make much sense to me anymore though, because the ballistics data for Multimatch is all different:
    Velocity(m) Trajectory (M) Wind drift (MM) 4 Msec
    Brand 0 25 50 100 25 50 100 25 50 75 100
    Lapua Midas M 325 310 297 276 21 0 259 8 30 68 117
    Lapua Midas L 325 310 297 276 21 0 259 8 30 68 117
    Lapua Master 325 310 297 276 21 0 259 8 30 68 117
    Lapua Multimatch 335 318 304 282 20 0 244 9 32 71 122

I used to hear very similar tales of Eley ammo, but Eley deny them quite strongly. Mind you, having seen comparison groups from batch testing on both Eley Tenex and RWS R50 & R100, I don't think I'd be too worried - I'm not buying eley again for quite some time (except maybe for 25yd shooting for the nice clean holes that discourage gauging out that last point or two :D ).

Advertisement