Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Options

Options
  • 06-12-2005 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Folks

I am looking at a new car for myself and the options I have are

Nissan Primera Estate 2.2 Diesel

Ford Focus Estate 1.6

Opel Vectra Estate

Can anyone give me the pros and cons on the above vehicles. They will be used as response vehicles for a Private Ambulance Company and as such the overriding concerns are space and fuel consumption. But I wouold like to hear any other opinions on them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'd go for the Ford Focus estate. They are a fine car. South Doc around Cork use one as its call out car so I would say they have already done their sums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

BTW I have heard that there is engine fuel consumption issues with the new primeras and that production has been stopped as a result, can anyone comment on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I haven't heard that about the Primera but it has hardly been a sales success for Nissan.

I'm not sure what your budget is but did you consider the Focus 1.6 TDCi Focus estate?

It is probably more lively than the petrol version and the economy is very good. The diesel engine is made by Peugeot/Citroen and is supposed to be very good.

Another one to consider might be the Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi 105bhp Combi estate. It uses VW parts and engines and represents excellent value for money. Of course if you have the budget then the best Octavia is the new 2.0 TDi 140bhp which is very quick.

Advertisement