Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3 player -> stereo

• 06-12-2005 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Heya
    I have a Zen and wanna be able to play it on my (ancient) stereo in my room. I bought a headphone to headphone wire thing that my friend uses with his stereo and iPod. Plugged it into the zen and into the headphone socket on the stereo, switched it to AUX and pressed play on the Zen. It doesnt work though so I assume its too old or something. Is this the case or am I doing something stupidly wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

umm the headphone socket on the stereo would be an output,you will need to plug the mp3 player into an input on the stereo.check around the back of it and see what inputs you have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

The headphone socket on the hifi is output only, I'm afraid.
    It won't take anything in by that connection.
    What are the connections like on the back on the hifi?

S.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Actually, if the old stereo has an AUX setting, that must mean that there is some form on input into the system. Just let us konw what type of connections/words are on the back of the system, we'll be able to tell you what cable to get to get it to work.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Cool thanks I'll do that when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Damn well I cant actually get around to the back of my stereo as it's pretty much nailed against my wall. Thanks anyway though, I'll bump this as soon as I can get to the back of it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

You are looking for a Line in/Aux. Usually a red and white connector. Can also be called DAT/TV/VIDEO etc. Since I start using mine this way I no longer use CD's!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, most likely you'll need a 3.5mm headphone jack to 2x Phono lead. These are common leads and any electrical retailer should have them.

There is the option of an FM transmitter, which are supposedly illegal, though some retailers still sell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

you could also just use a tape adaptor, not the best option but it me be your only option other than a bit of a diy job on cables etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

get one of those belkin things I have seen them on Boards somewhere. They transmit at a certain frequency and you can save the channel into your radio memory and hear your mp3 player this way

Advertisement