Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrested Development - New episode (306 - The Ocean Walker)

• 06-12-2005 2:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

Just finished watching the latest episodes of AD (the first new one in around a month). It wasn't a great episode IMO, far too Rita-centric, but it did have some good moments like all AD episodes:
    The IUD argument between George Sr. and Lucille (near the beginning of the episode).
    George's dream of "Bluthton" cracked me up for some strange reason. That reminded me of something, but I don't know of what.
    EDIT: London, duh.
    Rita's plastic surgery. "Monster" anyone?
    Flashback to Season 2 line between Michael and George Michael: "The mere fact you call it pop-pop tells me you're not ready"
    George Michael's knowledge of all California's attempts to legalise marriage between cousins.
    "On the next Arrested Development". Utterly fantastic!
    EDIT: Forgot about G.O.B's lighter fluid. Cracked me up!

However, I didn't like
    most of Rita's scenes. I know I'm not the only one :-p

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT:
    This is the end of the whole Wee Britain storyline, woo! :D

NOTE: Edited repeatedly due to numerous mistakes. I was tired when I typed this up. I really need to watch this episode again before I make my mind up about it.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I agree with yer summation. I also enjoyed:
    Michael doing Gob's catchphrases - both "come on!" and "I've made a huge mistake".

Tobias falling about the place on the floor was fun and nice to see the old "splashing with lighter fluid" gag.

And, whilst I didn't like Rita, I did enjoy some of the slagging she got from the narrator:
    Michael: You're brilliant.
    Narrator: She wasn't. (you said it!)

Not the best no, but yay bye bye Rita!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I thought the bit at the end was classic
    when Rita walked across the water, "Was that one of your tricks?" "No Micheal it wasn't"

"On the next Arrested Development"

Two of them still standing their "it was an Illustion!"
    place goes to hell and Tobias is unable to put himself out in the swimming pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

ixoy wrote:
    I agree with yer summation. I also enjoyed:
    Michael doing Gob's catchphrases - both "come on!" and "I've made a huge mistake".

Tobias falling about the place on the floor was fun and nice to see the old "splashing with lighter fluid" gag.

And, whilst I didn't like Rita, I did enjoy some of the slagging she got from the narrator:
    Michael: You're brilliant.
    Narrator: She wasn't. (you said it!)

Not the best no, but yay bye bye Rita!
    I didn't notice
    Michael doing GOB's cathphrases!
    Nice catch. :D

Other bits I forgot to put in my first post:
    "Check out banner Michael!"
    Michael Love Marry
    George Sr. firing the surrogate.
    Lindsey's winking face. Remind you of anyone?

GOB:: "He covers her with club sauce!"

GOB: "I will not take this sacred duty lightly. I am going to get you the single healthiest call-girl this town has ever seen."
    Michael: "This is why I'm calling it a witness, not a Best Man. All you've got to do is watch."
    GOB: "Oh I'm not going to spend this kind of money and not watch!"
    Cabaal wrote:
    I thought the bit at the end was classic
    when Rita walked across the water, "Was that one of your tricks?" "No Micheal it wasn't"

"On the next Arrested Development"

Two of them still standing their "it was an Illustion!"
    place goes to hell and Tobias is unable to put himself out in the swimming pool.
    That ending was simply superb. Best "On the next Arrested Development...." ever? I say yes! :)

Michael: "Hang on a sec. That's part of your trick, right?"
    GOB: "No, that's not my trick Michael."

On the next Arrested Development....

GOB: "It's my illusion!" *sprays lighter fluid from his arm, which then ignites on Tobias's hair*

*cue shaky "action" camera*
    Buster: "Ahhh! Put him out!"
    Tobias: "My hair! My beautiful hair!"
    GOB(?): "Push him in the pool!"
    Tobias: "Why am I not going under water? Dear God, why am I NOT going under water???"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Loved
    Tobias's hair... I hope they don't just burn it all off.

I hated Rita but the Monster bit was genius :)

Tobias, as always, was brilliant falling around the place off his "dolly"

That was nearly as funny as his "Analrapist" business cards...

Yeh the Next Time bit was brilliant.

Anyways, nice to see it return to form... hopefully next weeks will be back on top now that they've gotten the Wee Britain storyline out of the way...

Also George Michael with the cousins law was just class...

I wonder if AD went too far and ruined it with the Wee Britain storyline bad enough for it to be cancelled completely now that it hasn't been renewed. Anyone know how many episodes remain before it's axed?

Advertisement