Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US]This is ridiculous..*Spoilers*

• 06-12-2005 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

after watching all of the 1st series nd up to ep6 on the 2nd series, i just thought to myself how ridicuolous this show has become .
    Its not answering any questions but more importantly its completley lost the plot (no pun intended).

At the start there were polar bears and some huge thing that kept knocking down the trees and they were making a big deal about them and now they dont seem to tie in anywhere. It seems as if they have just forgot about it.

In the beginning the show had a certain magical sort of mystery to it, now it just seems more of a drama, science-fictiony type of mystery ( more conspiracy like).

Its just that as you watch an episode every week for many many months you begin to forget about the first episodes but if you were to sit down and actually watch them all after the other you would realise how ridiculous it is.

Its obvious the producers dont know where there going with this and are in "oh we'll make anything up" stage. - kind of like a small child lying to his mother , if you get what i mean.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

PlayaFlow wrote:
    Its obvious the producers dont know where there going with this and are in "oh we'll make anything up" stage. - kind of like a small child lying to his mother , if you get what i mean.
    Ah, but when you see things like the dharma logo on the wreckage when you look back at the first season you realise this isn't the case.

The next 3 episodes after 206 I did find to be much better by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Ah, but when you see things like the dharma logo on the wreckage when you look back at the first season you realise this isn't the case.

The plane wreckage? Really?

Have a look for yourself...

dharma31hu.jpg

It certainly looks like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have a look for yourself...

dharma31hu.jpg

It certainly looks like it.
    Definantly it!

It's also been spotted elsewhere.. must dig it up!

..... found it... slighty less obvious than the one above but spotted in 105 - 'White Rabbit'..

caveman-dharma1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Pretty interesting stuff. It's on the sharks' tails too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

The Shark that attacked sawyer and michael?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

The Shark that attacked sawyer and michael?

No,
    the shark thats running around knocking down the trees :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

basquille wrote:
    Definantly it!

It's also been spotted elsewhere.. must dig it up!

..... found it... slighty less obvious than the one above but spotted in 105 - 'White Rabbit'..

caveman-dharma1.jpg
    What exactly is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

steveland? wrote:
    What exactly is that?
    Apparently.. it's a portion of the Dharma logo.

As far as i know, it's in the caves when Jack finds "Adam & Eve"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

OP- Do you not get that the Polar Bears were manifested by Walt? He has speshul powers. This is why t'udders wanted him.

• Advertisement

Shabadu wrote:
    OP- Do you not get that the Polar Bears were manifested by Walt? He has speshul powers. This is why t'udders wanted him.
    But doesn't it now look like the polar bears were already on the island.. Walt may still have something to do with their appearances though.. perhaps he summons them.

Note: There should really be a [US] in the tread title.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Shabadu wrote:

I get Walt was reading the comic book when he got attached by the polar bear but how does he tie into the first polar bear attack?

kearnsr wrote:
    I get Walt was reading the comic book when he got attached by the polar bear but how does he tie into the first polar bear attack?
    Every episode that featured the polar bears Walt was seen to be reading the comic. The polar bears haven't shown up since Mike destroyed the comic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Every episode that featured the polar bears Walt was seen to be reading the comic. The polar bears haven't shown up since Mike destroyed the comic.

So even do Walt didn’t get attacked the first time (i.e. didn’t have direct contact with the polar bear) it was still down to him?

I thought he had to be there as in when he got attacked by the bear and the bird flying into the window.

Well we don't know for sure... but there does seem to be a connection between Walt and a Polar bears. Not just the comic book, Micheal also gave him a teddy polar bear when he was a toddler.

From what we saw in the orientation video it looks like the polar bears were already on the island as part of the Dharma project, and also the French woman also seemed to know about the bears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

basquille wrote:
    Apparently.. it's a portion of the Dharma logo.

As far as i know, it's in the caves when Jack finds "Adam & Eve"
    Yeh I saw the logo, just wondering what it was on in context of the episode.

I'll have a look out for it

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭phileeoonskee

I'm a bit scepitical about the Dharma Logo on the plane. But it's too coincidental not to be the dharma logo. Any one have a pic of the logo in the cave with Adam and Eve that Basquille mentioned? But back to the original post ,I for one really like the new direction that the season is going. I have yet to see coilsion or what Kate did but those aside "I'm lovin' it"+

+Regestered TradeMark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Walt looks slightly crippled in that picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

Lost has answered some questions and honestly iI don't mind waiting, I enjoy mystery and the characters are great and the premise is still brillant. In short I still love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 La Cucaracha

season two is absolutely brilliant, watched episode 9 there tis very good. all i'll say is the storyline is gettin on at last!

• Advertisement
Advertisement