Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ST:DCU - Strange Things

• 06-12-2005 3:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Well am currently attempting to bring back the old sci-fi soc, Strange Things. If interested in
    * Stargate (SG1, Atlantis)
    * Red Dwarf
    * Battlestar Galactica
    * Babylon 5
    * The 4400
    * Firefly/Serenity
    * Dr Who
    * Threshold
    * Supernova
    * Andromeda
    * Dune
    plus more or less anything sci-fi related sign up :) Currently we are just looking for interest - so no membership fees etc..well untill we get recognised ;)

http://stdcu.redbrick.dcu.ie/joining.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Add Star Trek to the list and I might be tempted ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Heh it is part of the full list - from Origional to Next Generations to Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise. There is also Star Wars..Buffy and Angel.. will have to find the full list sometime :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Won't be in DCU till next year, but will join up when I am there if you go ahead with the Soc.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

I'd join, but i really dislike buffy && Angel :p

It seems a society of this nature would be a good excuse to comendere the couches though...

Hmm, those bums in trinity sci-fi soc have their own dedicated room! Think it's time for some catch up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'll join, so I can "borrow" your DVDs :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Who's on cmte, when is agm!?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Amz wrote:
    Add Star Trek to the list and I might be tempted ...
    What that wan said.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Art_Wolf wrote:
    Heh it is part of the full list - from Origional to Next Generations to Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise. There is also Star Wars..Buffy and Angel.. will have to find the full list sometime :)
    Could ya not of read his reply Dregster!?

It has come to my attention that the original ST Soc was in fact dedicated soley to Star Trek and allt he other sci-fi newbs decided to tag on. So in light of this I refuse to join the bastardised Star Trek society.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Amz wrote:
    It has come to my attention that the original ST Soc was in fact dedicated soley to Star Trek and allt he other sci-fi newbs decided to tag on. So in light of this I refuse to join the bastardised Star Trek society.

What that wan said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

If ST stood for Star Trek then I'd join. Not intereseted in much of t'other stuff.

Like I said, it used to, but the pretenders stole it.

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

well why doesn't someone set up a star trek soc to rival the new strange things soc... just a thought!

It's good name would be too sullied due to it's association with the other soc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Amz wrote:
    It's good name would be too sullied due to it's association with the other soc.
    true that

boo strange things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Heh, cause instead of having a society dedicated to every single show it was decieded to change Star Trek DCU into a sci-fi soc - Strange Things :)

Advertisement