Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy PHPBB Security?

Options
  • 06-12-2005 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

In the last few weeks Ive had a few spam accounts setup on my phpbb board. One is just throwing random sentences into threads and the other is just posted weblinks. Anyway of stopping this from happening in the future?

thanks

gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have you set it to use the image verification etc., on sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

No, actually now that i think of it the database is bolloxed isnt it? I was onto you about it a while back. When i go to the admin panel i get a page full of code and errors. I think you had a look at it and said I'd have to transfer the database to a new install of phpbb. Its all greek to me though, i found some page explaining how to do it but i havent a clue.

bombidol - Please liase with our support desk :)
    This isn't the place :)

no no im not giving out or asking for help. The support desk the place for that I know. But you reckon turning on the image box in registration should fix this crap with the spammers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

yes it will

• Advertisement

nice one gents

I was going to second that :)

Advertisement