Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor tax online

Options
  • 06-12-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone know what the deal is with paying motor tax online, motorTax.ie says you need a pin from your renewal form but theres no pin on my form. Does your car have to be eligable or do you register for a pin or what???
    any help on this would be appreciated
    cheers
    Daithi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Hi daithi, i have done this many times. there should be a pin on your form. if its a brand new car like 1st renewal i think its different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Last time i got my renewal, the PIN was on it. A friend of mine got one without the pin and was told that he could only pay online if he got a pin, and there was nowt he could do. at that time (bout a year ago) commercial vehicles didnt have the option, only private cars, so if you;re driving a van, this could be the reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Mine didn't have a PIN on it so I rang them up and your wan gave me a PIN. Depends who you get on the phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

I got my tax renewal form yesterday and the pin was on it. Its on the right hand side about half way down the page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

cheers lads, i'll give them a ring and see will they issue me one
    thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement