Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 - Xbox

Options
  • 06-12-2005 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Bought Battlefield2 modern combat, last week for xbox, reviews and comments on the interweb thingy said it was good and it had over "200 misions" single player, thought WOW this will take a while...

EA are pulling a fast one on this, and very few if any reviewers picked this up, there are only actually 20 missions, I was finished it in less than 2 days of gameplay.

Where the 200 missions comes from is that there are 200 stars available from the missions, so you can earn up to 10 star points per mission. The more stars, the higher the rank, better powerups and more challenge missions which gives you more stars etc..

It is a good game, but single player it's a rent job or if you have xbox live then it will last longer.

oh it crashes a lot.. maybe EA need to hire some QA people,

Thats my rant for the day, back to my cave now...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

The BF titles have always been multiplayer games. I'm amazed anyone with out xbox live bought it.

But saying that, i bought it for the pc and thought the whole game was pretty ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

oh it crashes a lot

The sure sign its a dice game its like their version of the mircosoft hologram thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

How does it play on xbox live? anyone know. Not going to buy it or anything mad like that but just wondering. It rules on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

it's amazing i was alway a battlefield fan, it was all i played online but EA have f*cked up so bad with the crashing issues etc of the PC game and the general rubbishness of the console i have converted to COD and i can't see myself coming back to BF anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah I downloaded the demo for the PC when it first came out and to be honest it didn't do a whole lot for me with its running problems and graphical 'issues', CS:Source is superior by far..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

BF2, on pc at least, is a great game. I was no fan of 1942 or vietnam. Both games just didn't feel right at all but the pulled the rabbit from the hat for bf2. EA are a little lazy making it multi only but the multi is great especially when your playing with a few mates and you have mastered some of the vehicles.
    Yeah I downloaded the demo for the PC when it first came out and to be honest it didn't do a whole lot for me with its running problems and graphical 'issues', CS:Source is superior by far..

Tbh it hasn't got any running problems or graphical issues that i've noticed. Try turning down your settings or upgrading your pc. The game runs perfect at 1024x768 with some settings on med and some on high on my 9800xt. Comparing it to cs is just stupid as they are completely different styles of fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

danniemcq wrote:
    it's amazing i was alway a battlefield fan, it was all i played online but EA have f*cked up so bad with the crashing issues etc of the PC game and the general rubbishness of the console i have converted to COD and i can't see myself coming back to BF anytime soon.

Um, I've been playing BF2 for months and it hasn't crashed once. Not once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

BloodBath wrote:
    Comparing it to cs is just stupid as they are completely different styles of fps.

Yeah, I'd go with that, comparing it to a game I find far more enjoyable is stupid and a display of my mental ineptitude in all things.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Its pretty good on xbox live, great fun and absolute chaos at times....

But it crashes a lot during the loading of multiplayer missions, have to power off my xbox, lots of "server full" messages on "quick missions" and some server lag.

Long term unless your playing with a few friends, part of clan or trying to get a few medals, it starts to get dull wandering around on your own, its really a team game..

Off to try Ghost Recon 2 - Summit Strike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I thought the single player on the xbox was great for what it was, an xbox game. Never played it on xbox live though, i have my PC for that where the game looks a whole lot better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement