Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading music

Options
  • 06-12-2005 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,691 ✭✭✭

You know they say downloading music is costing the industry x amount.

How do they come up with x amount.

Of the amount of albums people have downloaded how much of that would you have bought??

I say people would buy a very samll percent of downloaded music

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Probably true - but try it in court :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Trampas wrote:
    Of the amount of albums people have downloaded how much of that would you have bought??

I quite dislike stealing so the two albums I did download before their respective release dates I ended up buying. Whatever about the "industry", it's the bands who are really getting screwed and I don't see how, if you like someone's music - if their music makes your life a better place to be - you'd be happy to theive their work from them. Would you break into their house? I think a lot of people don't see it as theivery because there isn't a physical object to smuggle out of the shop or whatever, but yes, downloaders are up there with touts and major label execs in the league of musical cuntery, in my eyes.

Advertisement