Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with C'mas present for avid fly fisher?

Options
  • 06-12-2005 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I have a fly fishing (trout and salmon) obsessed dad who spends every free minute during the season out on a lake. I'm looking for a C'mas present for him, budget about 250 euro.
    He's the kind of person that will have all the latest gadgets etc, so maybe a night in a lodge with a ghillie or an antique rod of some description would be along the lines of what I would like to get him (but have no clue what would be a good find??)

Any suggestions would be very welcome!
    Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

jg912 wrote:
    Hi,

I have a fly fishing (trout and salmon) obsessed dad who spends every free minute during the season out on a lake. I'm looking for a C'mas present for him, budget about 250 euro.
    He's the kind of person that will have all the latest gadgets etc, so maybe a night in a lodge with a ghillie or an antique rod of some description would be along the lines of what I would like to get him (but have no clue what would be a good find??)

Thanks...

*cough*

A magazine subscription for his favourite magazine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jg912

Got that for his birthday...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

http://www.cloghvoola.com/

Roger Baker edits Irish Angler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 irishperson

jg912 wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks...
    My father fishes quite a bit and I do some angling from time to time - I would recomend the following:

zoom_keenfisher.jpg
    Good quality waders from www.wellie-boots.com

BEHRTHERMALSUIT.jpg
    Made with waterproof nylon this lightweight suit is inside coated with PVC and has double welded seams. The inner lining is a superior fleece to keep you warm on even the coldest of winter days. from Baumanns.ie

pro070010.jpg
    Fantasic new alarm from Pro Logic. Comes with a LED display light. Magnetic roller wheel to hold the line, gives extremely good bite results. This alarm has an adjustable volume and a very clever adjustable sensitivity button for those windy days fishing. One of the best alarms we've seen. So good in fact we now have a set of three to offer for an amazing price. also from Baumanns.ie

Hopefully this helps to solve your problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

jg912 wrote:
    I have a fly fishing (trout and salmon) obsessed dad

.. forget the bite alarm suggestion

• Advertisement
Advertisement